Sign in to follow this  
carlsbarn2

48" side discharge

carlsbarn2

When I type in my model # ( 05-48MS01 ) on parts lookup , it states that its a 48" side but has a 42" swath.Is this deck a 48" or 42 " ?

dsholler

I am pretty sure the deck measurement is meant to be the width of the cut. Obviously, the deck itself is a bit larger, mostly due to the chute cover thingy... on the other hand, I have found a bunch of errors like that in the parts schematics that are online. Unfortunately, I have no idea what that deck is, but you could see if another source of the schematics has a different label. Maybe try the parts compatibility sheet in this Files section of RedSquare?

TT

Many parts lists are shared by similar models / sizes, etc. ~ which is why you need to be careful when looking up and/or ordering parts online.

The "48" in the model number 05-48MS01 denotes a 48" width of cut.

carlsbarn2

thank you !

tunahead72

You'll also see similar mistakes in the parts manuals that were published by Wheel Horse way back when. I've seen several cases over the years where the heading at the top of a page clearly doesn't match the diagram shown below it.

Like Terry says, be careful.

When in doubt, I've found that one of my local Toro dealers (who was also a WH dealer for many years) has better software than anything I've seen online, with literally NO confusion about which part I need. He helps me out, I order from him, even if he's a little more expensive (he's always very competitive).

• Like 1

Don1977

The owners manual that came with my 48" deck has the parts numbers for both 42" and 48" side discharge decks all in the same list. Both decks use a lot of the same parts.

carlsbarn2

I have a C-175 that has 42" rear dischargre deck and was wondering if I can run the 48" side discharge deck on it.

groundhog47

Attachment Interchangeability Chart in "FILES" page 31 shows a C-175 8 spd and auto that will accept the 48 side discharge, went to from page 31 (05-48MS03, current mod avail 15-48SC03/78361)

may need diff pto to mower belt though. Good day

can whlvr

yes the 175 will accept the 48 side,im not sure if the belt tensioner is the same though,as ihave never owned a 42 rear,but as long as you have the tensioner for the 48 youre good to go

Tankman

I have both 42" side discharge decks and 48" decks, both use the same PTO drive belt(s).

The spindle drive bolts are different sizes (lengths).

carlsbarn2

Does your 48" do a nice job?

Tankman

The 48" deck is hangin' on the '68 Raider 12, does an excellent job mowin'.

A new blade set made a big difference, the old blades were sharpened just too many times.

My departed (sold it) 25 hp 2008 Cub Cadet had a 50" deck, excellent "Signature Cut" but, wasn't a Horse. Sold it.

kpinnc

I have a C-175 that has 42" rear dischargre deck and was wondering if I can run the 48" side discharge deck on it.

Yes, but the length of the drive belts is different between the two.

If both decks are side-discharge, the same belt will work from 42-48.