Sign in to follow this  
Lars

Got me a Snowblower

Lars

Hey fellas.

i finally found me a snowblower that seems to be in good shape.. the po said it was from 1995. ill dunno.. and the price was high on it!!! i dont think it has been used much.. here are some pict of it

20120914_221516.jpg20120914_221640.jpg

20120914_221555.jpg20120914_221531.jpg

20120914_231408.jpg20120914_221749.jpg

btw there is some way to tighten the chain on it??

Lars

CRE1992

Nice thrower! Idk how to help you with the chain situation though.

littleredrider

There is an idler sprocket to take up the slack, simple nut/bolt I think.

scifi4all

Nice blower hardly looks new. On the left side, bottom, there is a nut. It allows you to adjust the sprocket and tighten the chain. Mine was loose when I bought it. Good luck. Shiny!

AMC RULES

Does it snow much there Lars? :)

scifi4all

I meant to say hardly looks used! And the the second sentence, in my head was, it looks new. Somehow they got combined while typing.

Jake Kuhn

Thats one nice blower lars! :bow-blue:

Trouty56

I like that tall chute too....hardly used is an understatement..... :)

Did you get that chain tight...not too tight....

squonk

I found one of those blowers and a cab (during our only snowstorm believe it or not) last winter. I think the blower was used 1 winter and the cab was pretty nice but used more. I didn't want the cab so I sold it for what I paid for the package. :) :) :)

Lars

Nice blower hardly looks new. On the left side, bottom, there is a nut. It allows you to adjust the sprocket and tighten the chain. Mine was loose when I bought it. Good luck. Shiny!

I meant to say hardly looks used! And the the second sentence, in my head was, it looks new. Somehow they got combined while typing.

ROFL Thanks

Does it snow much there Lars? :)

ehh Not so much i thought this was a leafblower :teasing-poke:

I like that tall chute too....hardly used is an understatement..... :)

Did you get that chain tight...not too tight....

Yepp i did it to day much better now.. Thanks

I found one of those blowers and a cab (during our only snowstorm believe it or not) last winter. I think the blower was used 1 winter and the cab was pretty nice but used more. I didn't want the cab so I sold it for what I paid for the package. :) :) :)

yepp whis i could find me a cab.. if not ill need to Fab up somthing but im not sure if i have time to do it before the snow get's here.. i dont think it is funny to drive around like a :occasion-snowman: LOL

118lfd

The wings are on the wrong sides.

stevasaurus

Lars...from the numbers that I could find...Model #79360 was used from 1994 until at least 2000...maybe the serial # would tell which year it was made? It is a 42 inch blower. Oh ya, an inch is about this long. ________ :) :) :) :) Nice blower mate.

• Like 1

Lars

which of them

HorseFixer

which of them

Both of them, flip them both over 180 deg. And the instead of the outer edge flaring out then they will be straight like this one.

By the way nice blower! :thumbs2:

http://i219.photobuc...6/Nelson255.jpg

Lars

which of them

Both of them, flip them both over 180 deg. And the instead of the outer edge flaring out then they will be straight like this one.

By the way nice blower! :thumbs2:

http://i219.photobuc...6/Nelson255.jpg

The blower was like this when i got it.. i have turned them around now.. Thanks guys..

Just hope it works great too.

Trouty56

Ha...I didn't even notice...I was looking how new it looked.

Ken B

That is like new! I would really like too find a nice one for my 520 one of these days.

Forest Road

I have a twin to that. Love the single stages! I removed the wings. In heavy snow they really pull at the sides and can break welds over time. Some guys prefer to keep them. To each his own. The79*** serial number depicts 1997. Keep the chain lubed and enjoy it!

Lars

Wyattrrp

Nice Blower Lars

You will appreciate how the tall chute throws. The wings are there to extend the 36 inch auger width, to pull in snow 3" extra on each side for a width of 42 inches, thus it is called a 42 inch single stage thrower. In the files section there is a manual I posted that is pretty much the same as your unit. In that manual you can see the wings are to angle out but the last bend is to face forward to cut a line in the snow not plow it as they would in your original configuration.

Also note that the Vee wire in front of the chute is to prevent you from sticking a hand into the chute to unclog set heavy snow while the auger is rotating. It shouldnt be moving as the PTO safety switch will shut the tractor off when not seated but as a caution in case you by passed that PTO switch they put in the wire. Note that in fluffy snow with a light wind and the chute facing forward or slightly turned the auger throws some snow lout forward missing the top of chute through that wire area guard and it comes back on the driver. I posted a video last January which shows that blowback of upward snow that passes the wire guard. Later models of the single, as well as 2 stage blowers, have an 8 inch metal chute cover in front of the opening where the wire is shown in your photos. The snow that might travel out the front through the wire guard hits the solid cover in front, thus redirecting that 10% of the snow upward to the top of chute where it joins the main snow flow and reduces the blowback. That is why they added the front cover in later models.

Not the end of the world but if no cab but it does make for more blow back onto the driver. Here is a link to theposting asking about the cover and what it would impact then the dimensions to build a cover. The factory covers bolt on by using the tall chute bolts at the bottom near the gear ring. Mine uses the wire guard holes with wing nut bolts so it is easy to remove before a storm if the snow is wet so it will be easier to unclog if a slushy snow is to be blowed. The blowback is only from fluffy snow. Here is the link. .

About half way through the posting I have a diagram with dimensions to the right of the photo and if you click the diagram it will enlarge so you can print it full size. Cost was $7 for a piece of sheet metal large enough to make 2 covers and Toro I think has them for $50 EA.

The cover did help last winter for the small fluffy January storm we finally had in the NE.

Now lets hope for enough snow to have to actually use a blower this year :handgestures-thumbupright:

Wyatt

BTW I have 2 extra high chute blowers that came with tractors I have bought in the past and will put both up for sale next month. They are in nice shape with tight chains and sprokets and come with lift rods and flags. Just need to dig them out of the back of the barn when I get time. Also have a 48" plow w/ rear bracket for sale next month.

• Like 1