Sign in to follow this  
whfan74

Getting bored so getting another ready

whfan74

Well I am getting a little anxious waiting for my son's 500 Special to get back from the powder coater. I was told it would be done in 2 weeks, it has now been 5 weeks and all I have back is the frame! :angry-nono: I appreciate the guy that is doing the work for us, but was hoping that I would have quite a bit of it done already.

So with all of that in mind I decided I might as well start planning ahead for my next one. It is back to another Lawn Ranger for my wife. She wanted a smaller tractor and since I have acquired a few (5) Lawn Rangers this year it was time to roll one in and get it ready to be blasted and coated. I figured I could get it all torn apart and loaded in the back of the truck. Once I receive the call that the 500 is done I could drop this one off while I am picking that one up. Since the turnaround time has been pretty slow lately I figured I could get most of the 500 done while waiting for the Lawn Ranger to be shined up!

My wife wants a custom color as well so sorry guys.......another one that won't be coming back red! :eek: I am just impressed that my wife would like one done as she doesn't take a whole lot of interest in the tractors so if this gets her involved with all of us, then I am all for it!

Here is what I am starting with.......

post-919-0-02997000-1346933042.jpg

AMC RULES

Has she decided yet what color you'll be coating it for her?

whfan74

Yup she sure has Craig......... :laughing-rofl:

• Like 1

Wheel Horse Kid

Sounds like a fun project and looks like you got a good starter tractor there! Good luck with it!

octfst

HAPPY WIFE HAPPY LIFE

whfan74

Thanks guys! She had fun picking out her color choice......I will let that be known once it is back from the powder coater and I can post some pictures.

There is a good chance that this one will get repowered. Going to swipe this motor and place it on the 500 Special. Need to round up some parts and make sure we are ready to rock and roll when things arrive.

I think I will need to get in touch with Terry here in the near future and start working on some custom decals again! :eusa-think:

Don1977

Man up!!! Tell her she can have any color she wants as long as it's :wh:RED. Then get up dust your self off and do it like she wants.:ychain:

• Like 2

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat::ROTF::wwp::ROTF:

ol550

Just as long as you know you would be banned and most likely jailed if it's green. :no:

CasualObserver

If she's any kind of wife of a collector she'd know that Green just can't be done. I forsee Purple or Peach of some sort.

whfan74

Mike, It will definitely not be green. She understands that completely........she wanted one done in her favorite color, so I am happy to oblige!

Jason....good guesses.....but no cigar! :)

Kelly

Yellow

HorseFixer

Prolly Maize and Blue! :lol: 

Tankman

Has she decided yet what color you'll be coating it for her?

Think she'll be in the pink? :laughing-rofl:

COMMANDO6

How about white?

whfan74

It has been guessed.......I did let the cat out of the bag earlier and one of you remembered it. I will hold off until the thing comes back to me........be patient on that, as I have learned to be! :)

Lars

It has been guessed.......I did let the cat out of the bag earlier and one of you remembered it. I will hold off until the thing comes back to me........be patient on that, as I have learned to be! :)

Thx for letting me know scott.. i wont tell :laughing-rofl:

Jake Kuhn

Its yellow!!!!!!! LOL Looking forward to progress on it scott. Jake

whfan74

This one is held up a bit........this week is just flying by too quick. I hate when a good deal comes up on CL and I just have to go get it! :ychain:

The 500 Special is finally back from the powder coaters. Doesn't look too bad but a couple of pieces need to be redone! :angry-nono: Hoping to grab my son and go over and help him put it back together. He asked tonight when he was going to bed if we could...........now how can I say no to that??????????? Pictures to come soon hopefully.

• Like 1