Sign in to follow this  
eibbed

Interchangable transmission and motor?

eibbed

First off, I want to let you guys know how much I have enjoyed reading the forum and that it has been quite informative. At this time I don't have anything to contribute, but maybe some day I will. I do have a lot of questions though.

I have a 604 that I want to restore and a Lawn Ranger that I'm considering taking parts off for my 604. My 604 has a pull start 8hp Tecumseh that runs pretty good once I get it started. The Lawn Ranger has an electronic ignition 6hp Tecumseh. However the Lawn Ranger has been sitting in someone's back yard for at least a couple of years and won't start. It is not locked up though.

Did my 604 originally come with a 6hp Tecumseh?

Would the transmission in the Lawn Ranger work in my 604?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-----------------------------------

Thank you Duff, Dale and Nick

Dave O'Fallon, IL

Duff

First off, I want to let you guys know how much I have enjoyed reading the forum and that it has been quite informative. At this time I don't have anything to contribute, but maybe some day I will. I do have a lot of questions though.

I have a 604 that I want to restore and a Lawn Ranger that I'm considering taking parts off for my 604. My 604 has a pull start 8hp Tecumseh that runs pretty good once I get it started. The Lawn Ranger has an electronic ignition 6hp Tecumseh. However the Lawn Ranger has been sitting in someone's back yard for at least a couple of years and won't start. It is not locked up though.

Did my 604 originally come with a 6hp Tecumseh?

Would the transmission in the Lawn Ranger work in my 604?

I look forward to hearing from you.

First off,, :whistle: !

I don't have the answers to your questions, but I expect a slew of guys here will and you should be hearing from some of them soon!

Welcome aboard!

Duff B)

WH_Hobie

Both of those are a yes. The transmission can interchange, and a 6hp Tecumseh is the factory engine.

Curmudgeon

The transmissions should be interchangeable as there is little difference from one model to the next.

The 604 came original with a Tecsumseh H60-75064B

Kelly

Welcome , And yes to both, Your 604 would have been pull start from the factory.