Sign in to follow this  
Teddy da Bear

875 with dead motor

Teddy da Bear

Was hoping a few people could tell me more about an 875.

Is it rare? Abundant? Special?

I will have a chance to look at one today.

Any help is appreciated.

Rollerman

Mike it was the first year for the hydro models 875 & 1075.

I would not call them rare...speacial if your wanting a first year hydro.

Abundant???...I have seen more 875's than any other model since I've been a collector & have owned 3.

I'm sure every collector has a similiar story. B)

Now that I need one though....I can't find one. :whistle:

If you pick it up besure to get some pics.

With a dead motor though I wouldn't pay to much....you take a chance of haveing a bad hydro too.

Always best to buy a running hydro so you can test drive it.

Kelly

I've seen my fair share of the 875's never owned one I do now have 2 1075's I paid $136 for the first one and got it running and is in pretty good shape over all, the other I have not picked up yet only seen pic's no motor, but has all the parts from the motor, and I got it for $70 + gas on both, I say if it looks nice, not all beat up around $100 or less

Brrly1

I guess I have to agree with Kelly and Stephen the less you spend the better off you will be in the end. I happen to have a couple of the 875's one with standard lift and the other with Hyd. lift. Stephens definitely right about having a motor,

especially one that runs just because of the hydro, cheaper is definitely better.

Good Luck Burly

kpinnc

Abundant???...I have seen more 875's than any other model since I've been a collector & have owned 3.

I've seen my fair share of the 875's

I happen to have a couple of the 875's

The one model I'd really like to have.... And I NEVER see them! B)

Kevin

Teddy da Bear

Well....you won't be seeing this one.

Worst day I have had over all in a long time.

On the way to pick up my wife on the way to the auction I was rear ended.

No damage....just jolted me and gave me a crick in my back.

We get to the auction and waited and waited for about 3 hours before they got to the tractors. 2 wheel horses. One 520-H and the 875 wheel-o-matic.

The motor on the 875 has compression. Front is smashed in. Auctioneer said, owner told him that it has sat outside for the last 15 years. So I figured the high bid would be around $50. Nope....went for $95.....sheeesh.. (JFC, I have a tractor that runs and mows and only paid $75 (the benchmark)). The 520 went for $950. (about what I figured).

So we left dissapointed. On the way home.....people in a "dark" car...no license plates came off of the cloverleaf and intentionally cut us off. Then gave us the finger. Such children.

And we also met up with my wife's father at the auction. He told us that my wife's brother Sam let his "children" dismantle a wheel horse for scrap.

I could just.... B) him...... And he knows how much it would have meant to me. And they say Amish don't shun anymore.......yeah....right... :whistle:

Duff

Worst day I have had over all in a long time.......

And we also met up with my wife's father at the auction. He told us that my wife's brother Sam let his "children" dismantle a wheel horse for scrap.

First and foremost, I'm glad you and your wife weren't hurt. And I'm sorry that your day was such a complete downer. B)

As to the dismantling of a 'Horse for scrap, that is just plain WRONG!!!! B)B):whistle:

With deepest sympathy,

Duff B)

big mike

The finger was to show you their IQ

B)

Teddy da Bear

Or his importance in the world. On a scale of 1 to 100 ....lol (100 being highest)