Sign in to follow this  
Ridegman

Just inherited a Wheel Horse 312A with automatic transmission.

Ridegman

I just inherited a Wheel Horse 312A with automatic transmission. Not sure how old it is, but it has been kept inside since purchased. At one time, the original owner used it a lot. However, it has not been started in several years. Both front tires are flat, and the back wheels are locked so I can't push it out of the garage it's now in. Where should I begin?

Kelly

:WRS: and I'm pretty sure that tractor has a eaton 700 trans and it will not roll, with out the engine running, and there is no relief valve on them, you will have to pick the back up to move it, if you force it to roll you may damage the trans.

Sparky

:WRS:

Put some air in the front tires and check to see if a parking brake is on (not sure if it has one tho). I think you have the Eaton 700 hydro tranny and it does not have a release valve that I know of.

Maybe someone here with one of these machine can shed some light on the locked rear if its not a parking brake.

Mike.........

Jake Kuhn

:WRS: :wwp:

1maidenfan

:text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:

:wwp:

ThreeHorses

If it's like my 86 312A you can move it slowly by pulling up on the T-handle beside the hydro lever, then push the hydro lever forward and it will move slowly. You can't get in a hurry but can push it alittle bit.

nylyon

:WRS: DO NOT TOW the tractor that's a big no-no. Where in NY are ya?

can whlvr

wheelhorse2007

Welcome! The year of your 312-A is determined by the engine: 1986 had a K series Kohler engine, 1987 had the Magnum Kohler engine. I have had one of each and neither would roll with the engine not running, had nothing to do with a parking brake.

KC9KAS

You have come to the best place on Earth for answers about Wheel Horse. Sometimes you will hear conflicting ideas, but you will soon find out the correct answers....Just be patient!

Oh, and if you have spent much time here reading, you know everyone loves pictures! :wwp: