Sign in to follow this  
markjs

Sickle mower for D200

markjs

Ok I'm getting ahead of myself here I know as I'm in the process of restoring my D200. But I really want to have a sickle bar for it for clipping pastures and maybe even mowing a little hay. How hard is it to find a Didier or Haban mower? Has anyone tried or thought about trying to fab one from scratch? How difficult would it be? It seems you could cannibalize another perhaps bigger mower for parts especially the bar. But maybe the teeth would be too big idk. Any thoughts?

KC9KAS

I know that a lot of members here (and other forums) have sickle bar mowers for their GT's.

I bet with some skill and an old sickle mower, you could fab one for the "D"

Someone will come along to advise their thoughts on finding one, but I vote for a custom made mowing machine!

Be sure to take lots of pictures and keep us posted!

SousaKerry

If I were you I would get a 3 point one, that is if you have the 3 point hitch and PTO options.

Fabing one would be simple if you can get the gearbox(woblebox in farm parlance) The teeth are a fairly common size used in many applications. If you can find an old junk combine header it would have all the required parts to fab one up, keep an eye on fence rows when your out driving through the country. A few bucks and you may walk away with everything you need.

KC9KAS

Not sure how far you are from Sikeston MO, but that is the agriculture graveyard of the USA. They have ALL kinds of implements in all state of dis-repair. I am sure you could find something there!

wh1257

this is one for the d serie adjusted for the c series

wheelhorsecrew008.jpg

1maidenfan

:text-datsphatyo:

baerpath

Theres a 18 Auto south of me towards CATSKILL with a factory Didler sicklebar on craigslist, Good pictures

Duane

I know no linking

Duane