Sign in to follow this  
Just Piddling

Simplicity 700

Just Piddling

Someone local has a 1959 700 wonderboy for sale on craigslist. She says she does not have pictures, but it is in good shape. She is down to $250 with scrape blade. I know this is the first 4 wheel front engine tractor Simplicity made, but I can not find value info on the web. I am not being unfaithfull to WH. The plan would be to fix it up and sell to buy another Wheel Horse B)

Does anyone know much about these and is it worth the money? Or just wait on a similar WH deal. Thanks.

Rollerman

Perry is are resident Simplicity/AC expert...maybe he'll chime in before long.

But....any garden tractor that is that old is worth something.

If I could I would...you could keep it or never know when a Simple collector out there might have an old Horse or two. B)

Kelly

I could be wrong, and probably am, but I thought the wonderboy was a rear engine rider???

Rollerman

I could be wrong, and probably am, but I thought the wonderboy was a rear engine rider

Kelly in 59 when Simplicity came into the GT scene there tractor was called the model 700 Wonderboy

In 1960 the introduced the rear engine rider & called it the Wonderboy also & just went with model 700 for it's bigger brother to end any confusion.

Lawn & Garden Collector mag did a wright up on them this year in the March/April issue. B)

Very neat machines.

Kelly

Thanks, I knew I was wrong.

Rollerman

Kelly never admit to being wrong....especially to a woman. B)

LOL...not really a wrong or right there...they did have to types of machines called Wonderboy.

perry

well worth the $250 if it runs and drives. just like any old garden tractor, they can bring decent money if the condition is good and you find the right buyer. and if its a center grader blade then i would be all over it. what area are you in ?. i think i may have emailed her. she didnt have a city listed on her post ???.

i would like to add a simplicity 700 to my garage some day B)

here is a link about the 700

http://www.simpletractors.com/simplicity/n...9/model_700.htm

700_mower_pg2.jpg

perry

yep, i bet it was her. same tractor.

email- Jessica Led*** wrote: if you are interestedi will let it go for $250 today

Just Piddling

Yep, same one, same response. I made an offer and she emailed that she had 4 kids and a power bill. They bought it a couple weeks ago and found out they couldn't afford it. After checking through CL, I found another add from two weeks ago from the same people, titled under holley racing carb. they wanted to trade the carb or tractor for a refrigerator or go-cart. I am pretty trusting, but I don't know about this. She says she has no way of taking pictures, but I am welcome to look at it.

It is in Locust (close to Albemarle) and I am 30 minutes away.

perry

get a phone number, get her address, grab a buddy and go look at it. i can understand the down & out needing money part, but they just bought it seems weird B) ,

but i have done that also. get cought up in the moment and buy something that you cant afford.

send her a picture of a sim 700 and see if that is what she actually is selling.

i have seen stranger ad's. lots of people think these old tractors we collect are out of the 1940's or 1950's :whistle: