Sign in to follow this  
whfan74

Moved some out for a small get together........

whfan74

Well yesterday we were asked to put some of our machines out for display. Our county historical society had a planned walk of the small community that my parents are part of. The spent a couple hours wandering around looking at the old cemetery, church, elevator, and other historical areas. We were approached a couple months ago to see if we might be interested in having another spot for them to stop on their tour. Of course we were happy to help bring some color to their event.

Thought it was a great time for a photo.......sorry the quality of the photo from my cell phone isn't the greatest, but it gives you an idea.

GroupPhoto.jpg

• Like 3

AMC RULES

Beautiful place, love the horse barn Scott.

What's the history on the building Scott...just your :wh: 's live in there?

smoreau

That's so cool that the community recognizes that your fathers and your collections are important history for people to look at! Good job Scott! I wish I could come down in October and see it, but I have to do my commitment with Junction Vally Railroad's Spook Train. Might have to come down this winter to see it when I get the itch to see some :rs: members and pick up some goodies!

whfan74

Thanks guys! I agree that it was very nice of them to ask us to be part of their day. Being only 45 minutes from South Bend makes it even better for us to tie in to the local history.

You are welcome to come down anytime Scott. There is always something going on in the barn and we love to have visitors to just sit back and talk tractors.

Craig........that is dad's retirement. We house most of our Horses in there and that is where we spend a lot of time hanging out and tinkering on the next project. The barn is 30x60 fully insulated and heated. It has been a great addition to the hobby as we are working in there year round. The shop area is 30x45 and the other 15x40 is storage for outdoor items and where dad parks his truck. We are getting pretty tight on space and should have went bigger.........oh well, doesn't matter how big you build it you always run out of space. Need to start going vertical with storage I guess.

• Like 1

smoreau

I see lots of extra tractor tracks in the yard, Are the kids having fun on the tractors again? How did the cone thing work out?

Tankman

A great stop for your community tour!

Gorgeous collection of Horses. For all, "Thank you for caring."

Jake Kuhn

:text-coolphotos:

KC9KAS

Your community thinks a lot of you and your WH collection.

You are doing a great service to have your WH get-together 3 years (and counting) running. I hope to be able to get up there someday for the show. In a few years, it may be one of the largest annual events!

whfan74

Thanks guys for the comments and compliments. Just getting them out there made me even a little more excited about the upcoming show. It started to bring back good memories from last year's show.

Just glad we were asked to display them......felt honored to do so.

@Scott.........only my daughter was with me and you are right, she was driving all over the lawn. We both ended up going for a little ride down the road yesterday that was fun. She was on the Lady Ranger and I grabbed the 603.