Sign in to follow this  
RickF

GT14 PTO switch

RickF

Hi everyone, This summer I aquired a '69 GT14 and have recently changed around some wiring to bring it back to the way the wiring diagram shows. The tractor still starts, (and now won't unless the pto switch is off) like it should be. But the PTO still doesn't engage when the switch is engaged. I know the PTO clutch works, because I touched one lead directly to 12volts and the other to ground, and the clutch popped in and out like it should. I'm pretty sure I have a bad PTO switch where it sends 12volts to the clutch. I have tried to find where I can find a parts list for this, and emailed partstree hoping to get a download, but they haven't gotten back to me. My question is, does anyone know what the part number for the switch, or suitable replacement switch would be? Are there any available parts lists for a GT14, that I can download? Thank you for your time and response, I certainly appreciate it. Rick

KC9KAS

I have an owners manual, but it is too large to attach here. I do not have a parts manual.

TT

The P/N for the switch was 100769 (NLA)

Parts list for 1969 GT-14 (1-7441): LINK

RickF

I have been successfull at downloading an owners manual that had the wiring diagram I've been following. Thank you for the link Terry, I'll give it a try. I'll call these guys in the morning,and maybe they can tell me if there is a suitable substitute.