Sign in to follow this  
SousaKerry

Mid Mount or Rear mount grader blade, which is better

SousaKerry

Been thinking of making my own but don't know which one I should pattern it after, so which one works better? I have seen the drawing that is floating around of the mid mount but have not seen a rear mount blade measured up, anybody got plans for one?

Kelly

The mid will level dirt better, as the front tires go up over a mound or rise as they come back down the other side the grader will scrap the mound off, these tractors are kinda small so the short wheel base hinders doing large hills, I have both here if you want to stop by and measure one up, or I have a Brinley back blade for $50 I'm sure with a little fab work could be a mid mount also.

squonk

Since I have a blade that does both I'll chime in. The mid grader does a fantastic job leveling dirt. I stood right up on the blade and it dug in and the tractor just kept on going. I was amazed as it leveled a pile of heavy topsoil in no time. When I put it on back it works well pulling snow away from my door steps. It could stand a little more weight on it for scraping but it isn't too bad. I don't have any pics of it in action in the back blade setup

post-2380-0-27370800-1345581036_thumb.jp

post-2380-0-43230700-1345581058_thumb.jp

post-2380-0-55093700-1345581267.jpg

Forest Road

Im very happy with my 50" rear mount. I don't have anything else to compare it to.

Im very happy with my 50" rear mount. I don't have anything else to compare it to.