Sign in to follow this  
mowerman1193

Bees in my house

mowerman1193

Okay so far I have ran the shop vac on and off for 2 days ( more like a day and a half as I was gone most of the first day ) and the first day I got about as many as in the photo above..the second day pretty close to the same amount. It was supposed to rain the next day ( which it didn't until late in the day ) so i put the shop vac up. I noticed that the activity in the area is way down of bees but there is still some..I may hook it up again later today or tomorrow and maybe I will finish painting that part of the house. They get aggrvated when I paint..thinking maybe the roller vibrates the wall? Maybe I should set up the vac and bang on the wall to get them mad and when they come to get me they will be sucked into the vac, LOL

Thanks for the great idea..

Oh by the way we caught 2 of them in the bee trap the wife bought LOL

Kevin

• Like 1

sorekiwi

My shop-vac is still set up Kevin and when I got home tonight I noticed a few wasps flying around the soffits so I turned it on again for an hour or so. Not sure how many I got today, but I did sit there with a nice cold beverage to watch about 20 get sucked in over about a 15 minute time period. Definately less bee activity than there has been.

I cant believe how satisfying it is to sit and watch those little feckers get sucked up.

My dog is a nervous wreck though. She goes crazy as soon as she gets a whiff of any knid of bug spray (and WD40 as well for some unknown reason). She must be able to smell the "Bug-Stop" that I put in the water in the bottom of the shopvac.

perry

my daughter just found a bald face hornets nest hanging in my driveway. i usually torch them buggers at night with a long stick and kerosene soaked rag. this nest is about 25-30FT up in tree. I may leave them alone.

here is a video i took of honey bees comeing in and getting a drink from the A/C unit. i dont mind them.