Sign in to follow this  
roscoemi

Buckley old engine show

roscoemi

Went to the old engine show up here in Buckley. Lot's of old iron, lot's of steamers. There was 80 to 100 acres of parking that was FULL when I left. There was about 20 acres of tractors and another 80 of flea market. I only hit about 1/3 of the flea market before the kids legs gave out. this would be a whole day deal just to breeze thru, let alone really take in.post-6649-0-10245700-1345432984_thumb.jp We rode the club's train first thing as you could not get close to it later.post-6649-0-50537500-1345433060_thumb.jpThis is another old engine they have on the property. They also bought the old mini train that ran in the zoo in Traverse City untill last year and will have it running next year.Damn yuppies got the zoo closed and the train exiled to expand the marina or some other thing.post-6649-0-32602300-1345433357_thumb.jp A pic of the place from on the train.post-6649-0-70124500-1345433442_thumb.jp This one was cranked up all day and would rool the roads every now and then to keep them in shape.post-6649-0-73280900-1345433568_thumb.jp Another nice clean machine that ran all day and cruised the property.post-6649-0-56110500-1345433643_thumb.jp An unknown dozer that was clean and ready to go.post-6649-0-84830900-1345433705_thumb.jp A group of horses, the one to the top left had duals. There were about 20 at the show in various conditions.post-6649-0-46186700-1345433861_thumb.jp A lever steer. Tried to get a better pic, but never found it again.post-6649-0-42712500-1345433936_thumb.jp This one is unknown to me. I've been into wheel horse's only for about a year. There was a huge steamer in new condition that drove around and pulled up to the sawmill building and ran everything in there off a 10" wide belt and never came off idle! Some serious power in that bad boy. Diffinately worth the trip to see, a full day to get thru everything. Russ

KC9KAS

Russ, nice pictures!

Looks like a good show to attend.

The last picture is a Wheel Horse frame with some old time "hit & miss" engine to power it.....Not Wheel Horse original engine.

COMMANDO6

Cool pics. Reminds me of the William's Grove Annual Show.

Jake Kuhn

:text-coolphotos: Wish I could of made it this year,there sure is alot to see there. Jake

Tankman

Very nice! Reminds me of the Rough 'n Tumble Engineers, Kinzers, PA.

Great get togethers. I had a number of stationary steam engines on display years ago.

Eriks Red horse herd

The family and I went Camping up in Interlochen this last weekend drove right by the showgrounds. I said "yahoo" tractor show thats when the wife reminded me it was a family campin trip and threatened me with bodily harm if i was to set foot on the show grounds. all weekend long it beckond me..... had to fight of the innervoice.........Go.... Tractors, flea market ,tractors, parts ,tractors............ but all in all we had fun with out tractors. Maybe next year? man that place looked big Thanks for the pics got to see a little at least.! Still a sea of tractors only 8 miles away! Why does wives hate the Idea we like Tractors? HMMMMM.........