Sign in to follow this  
Stigian

Earth works on the 312-8

Stigian

Afternoon all, well work has officially started on my workshack extension with some digging out of the base :whistle:

The harrow i (and Garry) built works very well, even though we had to add yet more weight :banghead:

The bad news is i had to take off the "lift assist" B) as ... well it just didnt work too well B)

I think the main problem with it is not enough working travel length on the gas filled ram, it wasnt allowing enough lift or drop B)

Oh well, im sure i will find a more suitable use for it at some point B):banghead:

Anyway, enough rambling, enjoy the vid its a bit of a long one :banghead:

Video Link Clicky Thingy

Kelly

Cool but how do you raise and lower the blade and harrow thingy separate? it didn't show in the vid?? nice job on the harrow, and I see we use the same type of extra weight, mines a 17 year old, my son Nick.

kj4kicks

Looks like it works great !

Thanks for the vid Ian.

bluetuna08

AWSOME!!!

I see that we apply down pressure to the blade in the same manner...FOOT

this vid shows that this little tractor has a big heart B)

WheelHorse_of_course

Ian,

looking very good B)B)

I think the "harrow B) " is really more of a "ripper :thingy:" or technically a "scarifier :thingy:". :whistle:

Anyway, good to see the horse working. And even more great to see the fruits of your labors out there getting the job done :horseplay: .

Thanks for keeping us abreast.

Stigian

Cool but how do you raise and lower the blade and harrow thingy separate? it didn't show in the vid?? nice job on the harrow, and I see we use the same type of extra weight, mines a 17 year old, my son Nick.

Cheers kelly :whistle:

These pic's should help explain things a bit :)

The harrow is kept up with a simple bit of box section wedged between the clevis hitch and the draw bar.

Now i know it's not the best way of doing it, but as long as i don't pull any wheelies (which the ol 'orse will do with the harrow hanging) the weight of the harrow keeps things in place :banghead:

100_3872.jpg

As for keeping the blade up, a simple chain/metal rod B) was bolted onto the blade frame. The metal rod just clips onto the quick hitch thingy of the from of the 312.

Its a bit of a pain having to disconnect the blade lifting linkage when i want to use the harrow, but Im sure i will work out a better solution at some point B):banghead:

100_3873.jpg

Looks like it works great !

Thanks for the vid Ian.

It did, and :banghead:

AWSOME!!!

I see that we apply down pressure to the blade in the same manner...FOOT

this vid shows that this little tractor has a big heart

:banghead: Bluetuna B)

Yep, adding foot pressure certainly helps with getting the blade to dig in ;)

The magnum 12 engine is a very strong heart, she didnt even break out in a light sweat :o

I think the "harrow whtractor/thingy.gif " is really more of a "ripper whtractor/thingy.gif" or technically a "scarifier whtractor/thingy.gif". whtractor/yankchain[1].gif

Its certainly some sort of B)B) :omg:

Torino

Another great video. Love watching them.