Sign in to follow this  
richmondred01

Sleeve Hitch on 520

richmondred01

I have a 520 (1994) that I want to attach a sleeve hitch on. There is no tube to run the cable under the hydro unit to attach to the lift. I don't know if it makes a difference but it has a 60 in deck. There must be a way to run the cable. Any help would be great photos would be even better. Thanks

WildHorses

It runs over the gear case not under for starters. The tube comes out near the fuel shut off valve below the gas tank. http://www.mywheelhorse.com/graphics/file/Hitches/8-5518_810834RB.pdf

richmondred01

Did Toro not supply the tube? I understand that it goes over the gear box but does it go around or under the hydro unit?

Kelly

The tube is a tight fit, it is bent in a S shape, and fits in a hole in the trans case and the mounting plate of the frame, then it goes under the pump on top of the trans case, then stops about the fill tube for the trans, and has a hold down that uses the fender support bolts, and to do it correctly you will need the rockshaft that mounts in the fender support.

Kelly

Not the best picture but here is the rockshaft and cable on my 520 you can see the cable coming out of the tube on the left side under the pump.

post-85-0-90379800-1345154316_thumb.jpg

dw753

Did Toro not supply the tube? I understand that it goes over the gear box but does it go around or under the hydro unit?

No they did not supply it on the new models. I have had three 520's and I was two out of three with the newest not having it.

richmondred01

The tube is a tight fit, it is bent in a S shape, and fits in a hole in the trans case and the mounting plate of the frame, then it goes under the pump on top of the trans case, then stops about the fill tube for the trans, and has a hold down that uses the fender support bolts, and to do it correctly you will need the rockshaft that mounts in the fender support.

Got the s tube in today. Whats the best way to install? Pull fenders off then come in under the pump through the side or from the top?

Doorvip

Can I use a sleeve hitch like this on a 310-8 with manual implement lift ?

richmondred01

Yes but the cable tube is different.

stevebo

Forget the sleeve hitch go with the 3 point- lol

post-734-0-00742800-1345598579_thumb.jpg

Kelly

For putting the tube in, pull the fender, gas tank, and U shaped fender/tank stand, be sure to put the bolts back in the top of the trans so dirt does not get in the trans, slide the tube in from the side of the pump, be sure under the pump is clean, it is a very tight fit, I bet the first one I did took me 20 min. to get it lined up and in the hole in the trans.

richmondred01

Thanks