Sign in to follow this  
Ken B

Give yer pooch a hug today...

Ken B

We have had Rusty (aka little guy by me) for a about 8 months now. He was a great companion for all of us, especially me. We'd play for hrs. every night, he really knew how to make me laugh. He really was just a happy little guy with a great personality. Sadly his life ended abrupty today while my wife was bringing him and Emma our Beagle to the kennels for a few days as we'll be away. The window was half down and Rusty had his head out biting at the rain having the time of his life. His collar broke that was keeping him inside, he hopped out the window which ended his happy yet much too short life. Instead of just sayin CYA Rusty! when they were leaving the house today I really wish I gave the little guy a big hug. I'll miss him forever.

IMG_0470.jpg

AMC RULES

RIP Rusty.

CasualObserver

That sucks Ken, always a sad day when you lose your pooch. :(:(

Sent from my Evo4G using Tapatalk 2

Jake Kuhn

Very sorry to hear of that ken,still miss my old dog,even if it was 7 years ago now. There very hard to forget.

dclarke

Sorry to hear that Ken.

Trouty56

That's terrible....so sad for ya. Such a cool lookin' dog.

Martin

ken, so sorry to hear about that.our two dogs are a very big part of our family.... one day the time will come for them ( hopefully just old age) and it will be a very sad day......you just dont ever expect it to be that young......

i just went and gave max, our beagle, a hug. not sure where teddy, our lab is, probably sleeping with my son. but he will get one too before i leave for work....... :thumbs: :)

JimD

Sorry for your loss Ken. They really do become family members in your heart.

stevebo

Sorry to hear that Ken.

dennist

Sorry to hear......Dogs are a huge part of our life also. A high percent of our favorite pictures have atleast one animal in them, they bring alot of joy to us every day!

Coadster32

Always a sad day loosing a family pet for sure.

jimt1971

Ken,

Last year we lost our Lab Monster he was 12 at the time. He was Karen's dog when we met. She had him since he was about 6-8 months old. It was a tough time for us. But as wierd as it sounds I do really feel he is still with us. My dog Mater will look up in the corner of the room at just stare like he is looking to him for something. I swear I still see him every now and then. So what I am saying is he may be gone but he will always be there when you need him most. I am sure Rusty enjoyed his time with you.

Your friend,

Jim

Wheelhorse84

So sorry Ken.

stevasaurus

They really are man's best friend. Sorry for your loss Ken.

neil

Wow. That is really Sad Ken i do know how you must be feeling .

We lost our dog PIP which we had for 17 years recently And we could also loose our other dog Buster soon who is also 17 & last week we bought a Puppy only to find out that it is totally Blind

Keep your spirits up ken & when the time is right go & get another .

So Sad

CRE1992

Sorry for your loss Ken.

Sparky

Sorry to hear that Ken. I'll be sure and give my pooch (Dusty) a bigger than usual hug tonight.

How's Cole takin it? Gotta be tough for a kid to understand.....heck, its tough for me to understand.

Mike...........

Ken B

Sorry to hear that Ken. I'll be sure and give my pooch (Dusty) a bigger than usual hug tonight.

How's Cole takin it? Gotta be tough for a kid to understand.....heck, its tough for me to understand.

Mike...........

Thanks all of the support guys. This totally blind sided us, he was still just a pup. Cole is taking it about as well as I am, not too good. In the short time he was with us I got real close with him, he really was a mans kinda dog. He had a big basket full of toys and every day he usually chose a different one to play with. He loved kicking around 3 tennis balls on the living room floor at once with a fourth one in his mouth. Just the other day he kept stealing the floor mats to the car while I was vacuumimg it out. There he'd be off in the yard with a floor mat in his mouth shaking his head back and forth as fast as he could, all I could do was laugh at the little guy. Thanks again for the support guys, I really appreciate it.

neil

Keep your spirits up today Ken

Rusty wouldnt have wanted you to feel sad

VinsRJ

Sorry for your loss Ken.

I am going through about the same thing.... my wife and I had to put our cat down on Wednesday. I've never been a big fan of animals but Gwennie really got to me over the last 9 years we had her. She had a stroke about 2 1/2 months ago and another one last weekend.

shallowwatersailor

Man's best friend - that will ALWAYS love you. Sorry for your loss.

4xfourfun

Hey Ken,

So sorry for your loss. Pets become a member of the family so quickly.

I told Bailey(my boxer) and she was sad for you too. RIP lil Rusty from all of us.

-Ben

Ten Commandments for a Responsible Pet Owner

1. My life is likely to last 10 to 15 years. Any separation from you will be very painful.

2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.

3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.

4. Don’t be angry with me for long and don’t lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, you entertainment. I only have you.

5. Talk to me. Even if I don’t understand your words, I understand your voice when it is speaking to me.

6. Be aware that however you treat me, I’ll never forget it.

7. Before you hit me, remember that I have teeth that could easily crush the bones in your hand, but I chose not to bite you.

8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I am not getting the right food, I’ve been out in the sun too long, or my heart may be getting old and weak.

9. Take care of me when I get old. You, too, will grow old.

10. Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say, “I can’t bear to watch it,†or “let it happen in my absence.†Everything is easier for me if you are there. Remember, I love you.

post-3434-0-62277000-1345274807.jpg