Sign in to follow this  
glgrumpy

Charge wire to where??

glgrumpy

B-80 back together and running! Has wire off the rectifier or regulator or whatever it is that is just cut off. I know this is batt charge. Book shows running to switch. I have wrong switch I'm sure cause it has ground and Mag terms not hooked up. My engine is batt ignition. I'm thinking I can run the batt wire directly to the pos side of selonoid where batt cable hooks up. That work? Was wondering if would be an issue with current always being on and drain batt or such? Seems I've had it that way on PK's I've messed with.

rmaynard

My advice is to get the correct ignition switch and wire it correctly. Do you have a wiring diagram?

• Like 1

TT

Buy and install the correct switch and you will have the "R" terminal to attach the rectifier output wire. :handgestures-thumbup:

You will also solve the other issue of it not wanting to start until you release the key to the run position. Ignition power source must be "hot" when the key is in the start and run position on the battery ignition engines.

I use Toro #103990 or Stens 430-512 ignition switches for battery ignition tractors.

glgrumpy

Thanks guys for the wake-up call! Terry, I used that number at local shop and got switch, and also the harness leads/plug for it. That became my new harness then. Hooked up now and everything works great! Even the Amp gauge shows charging! Starts and runs better than ever.