Sign in to follow this  
wheelhorse101

310-8 loader

wheelhorse101

i have a 310-8 with a kwik way loader attachment and i was wondering if there might be anything i can do to it to make it more affective.wheelhorse.jpg

combatmp29r

Wheelhorse101 B) What exactly do you mean by more effective? Things like the spindle upgrades etc?

Sparky

What is it not doing effectively for you. I dont own a loader but I know they require a lot of counter weight on the rear. Dual rear wheels make em a whole lot more stable.

Mike.........

Sparky

Oh by the way Dan. B) .

Mike....also in Ct.

nylyon

Welcome to RedSquare. You have a loader on a 310? Not sure what you information you are looking for to make it more effective. Do you think it is deficient in an area, not enough power, weight, traction?

Again B) and :whistle:

wheelhorse101

Wheelhorse101 B) What exactly do you mean by more effective? Things like the spindle upgrades etc?

ya should i do an up grade or should it be ok?

combatmp29r

I would upgrade myself. It makes quite a bit of difference in teh steering department.

Sparky

Does your 310 still have the 6" front rims? I would start with swappin in some 8" fronts with 4 ply tires.

Mike.........

nylyon

A 310-8 is small for a loader, it has 1" axles with 4-pinion diff. I believe it may have small front wheels all of which make for a deficient loader host. If you are looking for things to do to this machine, front spindles (HD) would be the first with 4-ply tires. Then look into the 1 1/8" rear axle's with 8-pinion diff. At that point you would have a 400 series equiv. with 10 hp. Upgrading to a 520-H with reduced effort steering would be the best to do, but that is a more expensive option.

traktorkidd7/30/93

:whistle: dan, you should definitely do the upgrade and put dual wheels on

also maybe some wheels weights would B)

Sparky

I did the swap on my 312. Heres a couple pics before and after.

Mike.........

Nelson169.jpg

312-8002.jpg

Nick

After fornt spindle and a heavy 8 pinion 1-1/8 axle 8 speed upgrades there is also the idea of moving the loader back.

Several years ago an Ohio Wheel Horse CC member moved his loader back something like 6" on a c-160 if I remember right. It was done at the uprights from the point that they sit on the subframe. He thought it helped stop the rear from lifting without using extreme amounts of counterweight. You do loose some reach because the loader bucket is closer to the tractor. I guess it worked well for him. I'll look for a better picture.

2003show026.jpg

wheelhorse101

i have a 310-8 with a kwik way loader attachment and i was wondering if there might be anything i can do to it to make it more affective.

i have the dual wheel spacers already but there for 10.5 rims if anyone got any tires and rims or anything that would help me out for sale let me know thank dan

(pics coming soon)

Nick

Dan, You dont have to step up to 10.5 tires. If you have a good set of 8.5 tires then just try to find a similar set. Even turfs would work for some things. I used chains on mine when i had to until I found ag tires. For the most part the duals are just for safety-stability.

This is the best picture I could find showing the loader moved back. I tried to label it to help show what he did.

Bensloader2.jpg

WheelHorse_of_course

Hi Dan,

:whistle:

B)

A lot of it depends on what you want to do. If you plan on using it to move mulch you rpobably don't need to do anything. If you plan on moving many yards of gravel upgrades may be a good idea.

If you plan on trying to strip off sod, dig, and move lots of heavy soil and gravel I'd suggest you consider moving the loader to a different tractor.

I say this because you may well want to have 2+ Wheel Horses in any case. A tractor with a loader is a pain to do mowing with for example.

B)B)

PS - If you want it to be more affective giving it a nice washing might make it happy, or try to lift a car and you will make either it sad or angry. :banghead: B)