Sign in to follow this  
Robbie C.

Another C-175 with hydro prob's

Robbie C.

hello all im looking for info on my c-175 as to what could make the

lift not hold in the up position. I have changed the fluids and

replaced the filter with no luck. the hydro rear works great and is

very strong.I'm new to hydro's and just dont know where to start B)

Tractor info is in my sig

combatmp29r

Ok Robbie I gotta ask the obviouse ones any leaks around the lines or the lift cylinder?

kj4kicks

Hi Robbie, If there are no external leaks, it's probably got an internal leak in the lift cylinder. The fluid is bypassing from one side to the other, and letting the cylinder move.

It could possibly be the same problem in the lift valve, but that's kind of unusual. Since the cylinder is is moving, it will wear the seals out.

Thanks for putting the info in your siggy !

Robbie C.

Hi Thanks for the fast replys sorry should have posted there was a leak in the back line on the lift cylinder so i replaced both with no luck, when i had the tins off for paint i couldnt find any other leaks but the line i replaced. ive never been inside a cylinder before, is this something i could handle on my own or do i need to take it to a shop? I do have a mechanical background just not with hydraulics.

kj4kicks

Hi Robbie, that one should be new enough that it is the "rebuilable" style. There should be a snap ring on the end that the rod comes out of. All the goodies are under that.

You still may want a hydraulic shop to rebuild it though, because the rod usually needs polished so it won't destroy the new seals.

Robbie C.

took everything apart this weekend and sent the cylinder to the shop today B) i should get it back today or in the morning i will post back with the results.

Robbie C.

got everything back together this weekend and all seems good thanks again for all the help guy's.