Sign in to follow this  
truckin88

My first brand new mower/tractor

truckin88

Well I have been fixing up WH's for a while, and am still looking for a 300/400 series for snow removal and grounds duties (deal I had worked out yesterday fell through). As some of you may know I had gotten a good deal on a Deere 425, amazing machine, PITA to work on, but just drove and worked great, but it should as these were around 9K new. So I did all the stuff needed to the 425 and got her up to snuff, used her about a year. I put up an ad on CL, not really pushing it, and she sold for nice coin.

So anyone in the NE has seen a dry spell of nice clean WH's, and I have enough property that I need at least a 48" deck. The 425 spoiled me with the Kawi motor, 54" deck and K92, it was fast. So I decided to hold off and get another WH a little later for snow removal and trailer pulling, and buy a new mower just for my grass cutting duties. I did a ton of research and settled on this; Husqvarna GTH27v48LS; these are not the lowes Husqy's. These are dealer only, with HG 730 trans axles, foot controlled hydro (which is a dream) and commercial decks. I also looked at Simplicity, and while their cut is fantastic, it was more than I wanted to spend, plus it lacked the heavy deck. I can't compare to the 425, that is like comparing a Diesel truck to a gasser, different price points. But this thing is fast and mows like a champ. It goes 7.5 forward. I'd say it is the fastest none ZTR I have had. I didn't buy a ZTR, because I wanted new, and anything new in ZTR that is worth a look is north of 6K, anything used that is heavy duty has been trashed by landscapers.

I would not compare this to a WH, different eras, different build. To me the WH is a tad more heavy duty(or rugged) and a lot more metal, but this is more refined, better turning, similar ride, the WH can't touch this thing as a mower. There are a lot of other things, this tractor can't compare to the WH with, that is why it is to hard to compare. Over all very happy.

04B622A9-orig.jpg

4C4C7AB7-orig.jpg

F2A8F8C5-orig.jpg

0304614C-orig.jpg

bowtiebutler956

Very sharp looking machine! :thumbs: Let us know how it holds up.

Matt :flags-texas:

Wheelhorse84

That is one heavy duty deck.

Ken B

Cup holder and arm rests, pimpin ain't easy Will! The steering wheel looks small? That looks like a real nice machine and with the way that you maintain your equipment it is going to last for many yrs.

stevebo

Will,

That is a nice looking machine. Good luck with it ! I can't beat you up too much since it is not green ...

truckin88

Thanks guys, the green equvilant would be double to triple the price. If I didn't get this, I'd have gone for the Simplicity, really nice machine as well.

Zeek

I'd ride her, that's a nice tractor!