Sign in to follow this  
myron in ct

Can I put a FL ON a 1988 516 hydro.

myron in ct

Can I put A 1980 07-40fl01 40 in bucket loader on a 1988 Mod. 516 hydro .

Is the tractor strong onough ? Will I spoil 516 tractor with that big a bucket ?

Myron

littleredrider

If they put loaders on 702s, 753s and such then the 516 should be fine. All depends on what you want to do with it. I thought most loaders had a 48" bucket? Want something wider than track width of the rear wheels I would have thought....

dennist

I may be wrong, but if that 516-H has the Eaton 700 pump, I would not put anything on it. If it has been changed to the 1100 pump then it would be fine IMO.

stevebo

I agree with Dennis 100%

myron in ct

Thanks for the help .

One more thing how do I tell if it has 1100 pump ?

Thanks again Myron

TheReDStAnG

Can I put A 1980 07-40fl01 40 in bucket loader on a 1988 Mod. 516 hydro .

Is the tractor strong onough ? Will I spoil 516 tractor with that big a bucket ?

Myron

No you cannot, Yes you will ruin a 516 with that large of a bucket. You will snap the tractor in half. If you read your WH manual, it states that FEL's are only meant for 520h's. Sorry for the bad news. I'll PM you my number just incase you need someone to take that loader off to the "scrap yard". :ychain:

As long as your only using it for light duty loading work, it should be fine. If you plan on operating a small sand mine, you mine want to go either Eaton 1100 or eight speed.

Forest Road

The 516 had an Eaton 700 pump. The 314H, 416H, 520H and a few others used an Eaton 1100 pump. Much stronger! The 700 puts out a fraction of the torque that the 1100 produces. The frames on all WH tractors of that size are the same. THe 520H had some extra reinforcing and a heavier front end. But many a loader have been mounted on less than a 520!