Sign in to follow this  
3609horse

Throttle linkage diagram

3609horse

Not sure if this is the right place for this question but here goes. I picked up a nice C-175 with hydro that was missing the motor. I put a 14 kohler in that I had in the garage but I don't know how to hook up the throttle linkage. I have an idea but it seems wrong. Does anyone have a picture of the cable connections so I can see how wrong I am. Thanks......Gene

Marv
post-5287-0-79726200-1344900077.jpgpost-5287-0-73407900-1344900137.jpgpost-5287-0-87612300-1344900196.jpgYou probably have this done by now but here are pictures.

rmaynard

I was going to post my B-100 throttle pics but Marv beat me to it.

glgrumpy

Great PIX! Now how about one for a B080 with 8hp engine and governor with round link? Forgot how mine was on there, have it close now I think, but not liking how it works really. Think there is also a return spring somewhere in gove linkage that I don't have now??

TT

Great PIX! Now how about one for a B080 with 8hp engine and governor with round link? Forgot how mine was on there, have it close now I think, but not liking how it works really. Think there is also a return spring somewhere in gove linkage that I don't have now??

Feel free to use the "search" box located at the top right of the page.

These may get you started:

The main difference is the B-80 throttle wire passes under the engine and comes up the right front corner of the engine. The housing clamp should fasten to the block just above the points cover:

PTOlowerbkt.jpg

75e9cda1.jpg

3609horse

Thanks for the pictures. I have it run a little differet but it works. Now that I know I will change it back to original. The problem I had or have is I have a push cable and this requires a pull type cable to work right. I will swap out the cables and hook it up right, thanks for the help. Gene