Sign in to follow this  
hpeeler

Test Switch and Lights

hpeeler

I am looking for the test switch for my 1990 416-8, you know the one that's on the dash with all of the red lights. Really I only need the nut that fits the switch but I haven't found one locally. I also need a couple of the red lights and rubber grommets that are on the dash panel. Any ideas where I might begin to look? Thanks

JackC

They were still available at partstree.com last time I looked. Helps to have the model number of your tractor to save time searching for it under toro consumer.

wheeledhorseman

I've just replaced the switch on my 316-8, these are a standard miniature switch that you can get from almost any good electronics hobby store very cheaply. Re the issue about the nut size, yes its odd but these little switches come with an amazing variety of subtle size and thread differences according to manufacturere which is why I always keep the nuts off old broken switches in my junk box.

Grommets are also available from the same type of stores but for the red lenses you'll need to go the OEM route or if you're good with basic electronics you could consider replacing the lamps with high brightness LEDs with a suitable resistor in series.

Andy