Sign in to follow this  
Ken B

Video of Resto Mod Suburban

Ken B

I still have to modify the exhaust heat shield to fit and there are a few other things I'd like to do. Here is a quick video of the Burban in action. Lovin the foot throttle!

IMG_0520.jpg

• Like 2

Martin

ken, that looks and sounds awesome!!! :thumbs:

AMC RULES

Definitely cool, love the rear exit dual exhaust...can we see detail shot of how you fabbed up the foot control Ken?

squonk

That s cool. Those big mohambie tire aren't going to hurt the rear axle are they?

Ken B

That s cool. Those big mohambie tire aren't going to hurt the rear axle are they?

I think the rear axle will be just fine. The Burban is just used for cruising, no work. I installed a rev limiter on the foot throttle (2200 rpm) to keep the noise level down and to help limit stress on the axle should Cole just so happen to dump the clutch.

Tankman

Great Horse, fun video. Love the machine and the entertainment!

wallfish

NICE!

Cole is going to have some fun cruising that at the shows. Bring some extra gas Ken!

stevebo

Sounded to me like a little more than 2200 revs...

fireman

Man Ken, you must live in the shop! No moss grows under your feet! NIce job on it!

Wheel Horse Kid

Looks great! Sweet restoration Ken!

cruisnblue48

That is one nice lookin' tractor. Love the cool mod rod look on old Wheel Horses.

COMMANDO6

Those are some wicked cool tires and pipes. I've thought about putting pipes on mine so it doesn't blow the exhaust all over me. Nice mod!

Lars

Nice looking Burban Ken.. like the mod u have done

Stigian

That's a beautiful Resto Ken, love the sound..

You have a new YouTube subscriber by the way :handgestures-thumbup:

bowtiebutler956

:jaw: Old School Mags, Dual Exhaust, and Tough Sounding!! :woohoo: Whats not to love? :text-datsphatyo: Beautiful work, and an Awesome :wh: !!

Matt :flags-texas:

• Like 1

Ken B

Can you spot the latest updates? A few more things to do this week and then I'm calling it done, I don't want to over due it. I still haven't added any additional holes to this tractor. (though I think I'm gonna have to add two little ones for the next mod :hide: ) Even though some of the mods have taken some time it could be put back to factory original in a 1/2 hr. Why would I though? This one has become our favorite. Besides, the neighbors really dig this one. :grin:

IMG_0570.jpg

stevebo

I see all of them but will not tell. They look awesome !! You have been busy....

earlleecliffton

:ychain: :bow-blue:

horsesaver98

wow that is an awsome mod :ychain: :)

AMC RULES

Umm...new tool box cover, and lights. :thumbs:

Matt71

sweet lookin tractor, great job!!! paint job looks awesome!!! if you dont mind me asking what kind of paint did you use?

Ken B

sweet lookin tractor, great job!!! paint job looks awesome!!! if you dont mind me asking what kind of paint did you use?

I used Valpar I.H. red Restoration Series paint thru my HVLP gun, thinned and hardener added. This paint has become hard too find now. I have one full gallon left just waiting for something special to come along.

grnlark

...This paint has become hard too find now....

Ken, once again a sweet job!

And in regards to the paint, yeah, I have no idea why Tractor Supply is phasing out the Valspar line. Every time I've used that restoration series paint I have been very happy with it. I sprayed my two post lift with the I.H. red with the hardener and it layed very nice and its hard as nails.

Ken B

Stevebo dropped off a chrome ball for me at work today. (Thanks for that and the Cigars!) It was a Jaguar shift ball, it was clear in the middle and said Jaguar there. I decided to try making my own shift pattern. I first painted the center black and then I heated up a center punch and added the pattern and #'s. Once I was somewhat happy I filled it in with white paint. Not to bad for the first time trying this. Later in the day I added the rear lights. (still waiting on my blue dots) The lights are held onto the tool box with heavy duty round magnets screwed to the lights. I taped Gorilla tape on the back of the magnet so not to scratch the paint. This is where I had to add my first two little holes for grommets for the wires to go thru and into the trunk. I added a 14.4 volt Dewalt battery to power all the lights. (I have 3 new batts. for my power tools) Battery is secured with Velcro. There are two reasons for the trunk lid, one is to hide the battery and another is too hide my wallet. While cruising the shows looking for deals my wallet is usually a little heavy and thick which makes it uncomfortable to keep in my back pocket. My camera goes in there as well. I made the front light bar out of EMT pipe with nuts welded inside the top of the pipe to hold the lights on. I made the brackets with 90's on the bottom of each bracket to lock them in place. The pipe is welded to the bracket on the inside. The brackets were mounted in existing factory holes on the frame. There are only two things left to do, I want to drop the front an inch and this week I'm adding a custom seat cushion and seat back. Again, it can all be put back to original if I should ever want to (doubt it) with very little trouble, I have gone out of my way not to hack anything.

IMG_0577.jpg

IMG_0574.jpg

IMG_0576.jpg

IMG_0581.jpg

IMG_0583.jpg

stevebo

Ken,

I really like that idea with the rechargeable battery. I need to ask how you installed it and hooked the light up?