Sign in to follow this  
Retired Wrencher

no spin

Retired Wrencher

:USA: :wh: I pick up my brothers C-125 to day to get it running. Took off the deck the hood then went into the engine took the head off the piston was on top I could push it down with out the engine turning over HMMMM i said then I turn over buy the pto it turns about 3/4 turn then a clunk sound. think it may be ??? like the rod is ether broken or came off of the crank. what do u think it is. Gary B...... GO USA GO USA GO USA..........................................

rmaynard

Sounds like a broken rod to me.

TT

Stick an air nozzle into the dipstick tube and give it a good blast. If the rod is broken, the piston should fly up past your face. (well ~ not really, but sometimes they'll pop up past the top of the bore enough that you can pull them out)

Retired Wrencher

thanks guys for the replys G ary B.......

Retired Wrencher

:USA: :wh: Yeaa it broke as u can see in the picks. the bore looks great but the crank is not I think they can trun down. and a .010 over bore to make new. here is some picks. T/Care oh thanks Terry for the air trick. Gary B........... c-125001.jpgc-125005.jpgc-125003.jpgc-125006.jpg

TT

Yep..... definitely needs a little work, but doesn't appear to be hurt. :thumbs2:

By the way - if the compressed air "trick" doesn't work, a valve lapping tool, a dart from a toy dart gun, or any other type of suction cup on a clean piston crown is also an option.

Retired Wrencher

Yes Terry I first tried a powerful vacuum no go on that. then tried ur trick it got it up enough to grab hold of I use some very large channel locks to grab on I figured that the piston was shot at the time. I only nick it up a little on the top. it is up to my brother what he would like to do with it. the tractor is in good shape paint is ok. I may even buy from him??? thanks again for you help.

MarkPalmer

They might be able to grind that crankpin, but it got scored up pretty good. Was it ran too low on oil?

-Mark-

Fordiesel69

The most recent 12hp I did have a really nastly scored up crank, the the point a one of aluminum was on it. It cleaned right up and was within spec for the 0.010 under sized rod.

Retired Wrencher

thanks Guys but it is up to my brother what he wants to do with it. If I get time I will tear it apart and bring it in to a machine shop to see if they can fix it. T/Care Gary B.................

Retired Wrencher

well here is an up date . this is a start. found this on the sitting on the shelf said this will work better than trying to fix old one. my brother would like a new engine but as we all know there very hard to find old K blocks new. Enjoy the picks.Gary B........................ c-125007.jpgc-125008.jpgc-125009.jpg