Sign in to follow this  
Prater

Trying to stay organic is proving difficult

Prater

I now have some sort of mite, it is a tiny white bug smaller than affids on the leaves of my squash, melons, and pumpkins. I cant tell what they are but the just look like a grain of rice on the plants. Anyone have an idea without a pic?

JamesBe1

I wish I knew what was eating my sunflower plants. They look like skeletons now. Last year they got eaten out of existence. I have looked several times, but can't seem to find anything on them. I sprayed them with dilute dish washing liquid, but it doesn't seem to deter them. Too bad the links above don't list sunflowers. Sigh.

Prater

Looking at the pics, it may be whitflies.

6wheeler

I would agree Steve, I don't know your area and it may be too late now. But, if you can (in the future) influence the development of paper wasps(you may have to google it). They can really influence a garden. They DO NOT sting and are great predators in the garden. Pat

Prater

6wheeler, what paper wasps are you thinking of? The ones we have here are teritorial and will sting. I know there are different species, maybe you know the actual species I need to look for.