Sign in to follow this  
whfan74

Need help......

whfan74

A good friend of mine just picked up a Johnson Workhorse Model 10 Loader. The bucket is 30 inches wide.

The question that we are hoping to have answered is..........Would this be the correct loader for a 701? I know a loader was an available attachment, but not sure if this is the model or not. Sorry, I don't have any pictures of it right now.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Jake Kuhn

Sorry scott,don't know anything about loaders :banghead: Would be really cool to see it on a 701 though,hopefully it works for you. Jake

stevebo

That is a really small bucket. I would guess it was made for something very small.

AMC RULES

Can't wait to see that.

Kelly

I had a Model 10 on a C-160 and the loader fit about right, not near as big as my Kwick way loader, the bucket was small I though 32" but it may have been 30" I would say it will fit the 701 OK, I have a brochure someplace with a model 10 on a 1045 WH, and it fit good.

whfan74

Thanks for the comments everyone. Still curious if this was the correct one for a 701.

Kelly

I thought Johnson loaders came out about 63, Danco was before them, but was used on Cubs mainly, so I don't think any of them are FOR the 701, but could be used on it.

sorekiwi

I'm not too much help, but here is a pic of a Model 10 on a later model tractor:

loadersmall.jpg

It may give you an idea of the scale.

I never got the factory bucket with this one, but here is a pic of one on a JD, and 30" would seem to be about right:

JDJohnson.jpg

sorekiwi

EDITED: Photo now works, Karl is the man!!!

kpinnc

Given the size of the 701, a 30-inch bucket will probably look a little closer to the right size than one of the big Kwik-Ways.

Just my opinion. I've been working on building a loader, and in my opinion they (the larger ones) sometimes look silly on a little Wheel Horse.

CasualObserver

There is a round hood loader.... I'll have to search for the pictures... they're here somewhere. Pics of both the brochure and actual loaders. Kelly's right though, it's a Danco. The cubs also used a similar one. The Wheel Horse one was Model WH400. The reservoir looked like a coffee can between the grille and loader. Not sure about when they started production, but I don't think they would have been available yet in 1961. 61 was the first year of the larger stance and front mounted and more powerful engine. The first Cub Originals were made in 1961 as well. The aftermarket folks hadn't had time to develop any allied attachment kind of stuff yet.

One post....I'll search for more stuff. I know I've saved pictures.

CasualObserver

Pictures originally posted by Dustin (DMESS)

whdanco.jpg

whdanco2.jpg

And I think these were originally posted by Buzz either here or somewhere else from the Jacktown show several years back. (I apologize if it was someone else)

633andjacktown01.jpg

633andjacktown02.jpg

633andjacktown03.jpg

633andjacktown04.jpg

633andjacktown05.jpg

633andjacktown06.jpg

633andjacktown07.jpg

• Like 1

whfan74

Wow thank you Jason for the great information. I will pass on the info to him.

CasualObserver

Your welcome Scott. By the way... I forgot to add... the Johnson Workhorse 10 I think was the standard loader for the round fender John Deere 110s and 112s. Could probably be made to adapt to :wh: with the right mounts.

whfan74

He is going to make it work nonetheless. I appreciate the info.

CasualObserver

Bump

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk 2