Sign in to follow this  
Teddy da Bear

It was a 1054.......

Brrly1

Hey Teddy, Not a bad idea. Maybe one just a little heavier or maybe even a counter balance on the high side and then when you put the deck on, it will be all set and ready to go. Sorry I guess I couldn't resist. Check the air pressure, make sure the tires are the same, replace headlights with originals lenses and buckets. Like one of the guys said I really don't think the frame would be bent. Burly

B)

gwest_ca

This thread about identifying the 1054 and 1054A resparked my interest in the differences in the various transmissions and how they could identified once they left the tractor. Looks like all the 3-speed 2-piece case transmission models used to the end of 1964 were replaced for 1965 with a new model number. One consistent difference is the new 5615 front rail, 5616 rear rail and the new 5614 shift stop pin that continued thru 2007. The 1958 thru 1964 3573 shift stop pin and shift rails could be upgraded to the later. The only different part is the 5172 rear rail used on the 1054 but this is also replaced by the new 5616 rail. Suspect it is a longer pin with deeper grooves in the rails.

The 1054 used the 5047 model tranny and the 1054A used model 5051. The only difference in the two is the shift rails and the 5614 shift stop pin.

Does anyone have these parts out so we can get accurate measurements and differences for reference?

Garry