Sign in to follow this  
Teddy da Bear

It was a 1054.......

Teddy da Bear

Well I took the plunge again today. I came up with a decent 1054 with a real nice 42" sd deck.

And the bonus was...when I was loading up the auctioneer came up to me and said "here....don't say I never took care of ya".... He handed me an original manual! I almost shed a tear...lol

And the bonus-bonus is that no one bid on the original snow cab so I got it for freeeeeeeeeeeee....(God it feels good to say that, right Kelly?)

They also had a receipt for a complete engine overhaul done in 1990. Almost stuck $600 into it. New valves, crank, piston....bored 0.20 over....etc.

It is missing the grill....no one could find it. No headlight lenses. Missing the starter generator cover....and the "two prong" key to start it with.

It must have a fuel pump failure as someone hooked up an auxilliary gas tank as was trying to gravity feed it. Also has a weird air cleaner on it that I do not know if it belongs there....

Can anyone help me out on my wish list? First is the key... I have lots of wh keys, just not that two pronged one.

Thanks to everyone. Never thought I would go that far back to buy a horse.

But thought it was a pretty good deal.

Kelly

Post a pic of the air cleaner it maybe the orig. oil bath one, I see those keys on ebay, and yes free is great.

Teddy da Bear

You might be right on that oil bath air cleaner. It hangs "down" under the carb and it did have an oily surface.

I don't do ebay anymore... I am sure one will turn up.

T-Mo

:whistle: B) Congratulations, Mike. Nice score and nice of the auctioneer to think of you with that manual. :horseplay:

Teddy da Bear

Thank you so much Terry.

Yes that was a mind blower when he gave me a manual at the last minute.

I will post some pics as soon as I clean it up. It was one of those "barn finds".

Even though the engine was rebuilt 18 years ago. The P.O. died 10 years ago.

It went pretty much unused for those 10 years.

I also has hydraulic lift. Did someone mention that was standard on these?

HorseFixer

Congrats Nice find! Yes the lift is standard. If ya ever want to get rid of that cab and dont have a use for it I sure could use one. tell me what you may want for it.

Duke

combatmp29r

Great Find Teddy B) You don't find those deals often.

perry

sounds like you got a great deal B) .

Teddy da Bear

Thank you all.. There are now some pics in the gallery and this one here.

What do you all think of "frenching" the headlights?

I really hate those "bug-eye" headlights.

Attached Image

post-3-1216586669.jpg

Teddy da Bear

These bright driving lights should just melt the snow come winter time....lol

HorseFixer

What do you all think of "frenching" the headlights?

I really hate those "bug-eye" headlights.

B) Put the originals back in if ya have them. If not I have the name and # of a guy who makes clones that are exact duplicates.

Duke

Brrly1

Duke I have to agree the originals look a whole lot better, Glen from Michigan does a real nice job,I said something about this in my post of my 1054,I tried to reply to your post but I guess we can no longer do that. I can't even change something in my own post. Burly B) :whistle:

Teddy da Bear

Apparently we can no longer reply to pictures in the gallery.

Rollerman

Apparently we can no longer reply to pictures in the gallery

You can reply to the picture gallery...but we ask you to do it in the right spot.

The gallery is intended to be just that...pics of tractors, implements, & members & free of additional clutter. B)

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=1204

Kelly

If John (brrly1) does not still want the 953 I have, He has first dibs, It has headlights and a new set of repro. lenses, I have a grill, ag tires Ect.....

Teddy da Bear

If it is an original style grill, I would be interested if Burly is no longer.

thanks

Kelly

Just talked to John on the phone, he still wants it, But I can get you a pic of the grille so you know what a orig. one looks like.

Teddy da Bear

That would be very nice Kelly....thanks so much.

Funny I dd not remember a 953 at your meet.

Kelly

Sat outside in the fenced lot with no rearend and the 15" ags next to it.

HorseFixer

Duke I have to agree the originals look a whole lot better, Glen from Michigan does a real nice job,I said something about this in my post of my 1054,I tried to reply to your post but I guess we can no longer do that. I can't even change something in my own post. Burly B):whistle:

Thats a big 10-dash 4 B)! John have talked to Glen about them he makes some fine duplicates! I sent you a P.M.

Duke

Brrly1

Hey Teddy This is the one that I came up with a few months back. It doesn't look near as good as what yours does but sooner or later it will get there. It might take a while though. I am now looking for a second job as construction here is really slow. Hoping to find a driving job like a pizza delivery would work until work picks back up. Nice Tractor!! Take care Burly B)

DSC02678-1.jpg

Teddy da Bear

Your is pretty nice too Burly..... It is clean and straight.

And a real nice seat by the looks of it.

Brrly1

Hey Teddy I got the seat in Pa, at the show it is a copy of the original seat that came on the 1054. A guy had some of these remade and sold them there and I just happened to get the last one. He told me he didn't know if the gentleman that made the seats was going to make any more. He had moved and he hadn't talked with him for awhile. See Ya Burly

CasualObserver

Apparently we can no longer reply to pictures in the gallery.

No... a while back the reply feature to the gallery was shut off. Too many folks were replying with conversation that belongs out in the general forum. If you have pictures to add to an existing thread in the gallery, please duplicate the topic/thread you need, and a mod or admin will merge it with the correct thread already started. B)

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=2938 from Site suggestions and updates

Teddy da Bear

Is there a spec. model number for this 1054? All I have is a serial number on the front of the dash riser. The metal build plate on the side seems to be gone.

Serial number is: 49819