TJ

What Are You Listening To?

tunahead72

And one final tune this evening, from another one of my favorite guitarists/singers/songwriters/masters of all musical trades:

33 minutes ago, ztnoo said:

Jorma Ludwik Kaukonen, Jr. is an American blues, folk, and rock guitarist, best known for his work with Jefferson Airplane and Hot Tuna.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jorma_Kaukonen

Jorma is the tall guy in the middle of the photo.

jefferson-airplane-wallpaper-016.jpg

Correct, and a great old photo!

I wasn't very clear, it wasn't Jorma's version I heard at the airport, it was someone else I didn't recognize.

• Like 1

HuntzNSam

Didn't find it in a search - How about the Bad LIvers, Delusions of Banjer?  Danny Barnes, et al, with clever, dark, lyrics, and a modern bluegrass/zydeco sound.  2 cuts, but they are all great:

Pee Pee the Sailor sounds funny at first pass, but sad as hell when when you really understand,

HuntzNSam

Heck, as long as we're logged in, and PUI, our tastes run the gamut.  Bad Livers, Black Sabbath, BB King, and Bach.  The Goldberg Variations never fail to entertain.  Glenn Gould was impressive.

• Like 1

clueless
13 hours ago, tunahead72 said:

And one final tune this evening, from another one of my favorite guitarists/singers/songwriters/masters of all musical trades:

Correct, and a great old photo!

I wasn't very clear, it wasn't Jorma's version I heard at the airport, it was someone else I didn't recognize.

Thanks Tuna. Been listening to Warren for over 20 years. Got tickets to see Gov't Mule the end of April. This guy has become my favorite guitar player, and for me that took some doing. His own stuff is great, and when he does a cover, well let's just say it's now been covered. Saw them cover some Floyd a few years ago, Damn. For those of us who think there's not much worth listening to the last 30 years, check out Gov't Mule, on YouTube, you won't be disappointed. 

• Like 1

tunahead72

I wasn't going to do this, but I've been listening to Warren Haynes' excellent Ashes & Dust CD again, for about the sixty-fourth billion time since I bought it, and this song just gets to me:

• Like 1

clueless
2 hours ago, tunahead72 said:

I wasn't going to do this, but I've been listening to Warren Haynes' excellent Ashes & Dust CD again, for about the sixty-fourth billion time since I bought it, and this song just gets to me:

Warren Haynes, Ashes & Dust, if you need some tunes while your travelling to the big show, this is a good one. If your not going to the show, still worth it. 

r356c

1973:

• U.S. involvement in Vietnam War ends with the signing of peace.
  • President Richard Nixon tells the nation , “I am not a crook.”
  • Spiro Agnew, the Vice President of the United States under Richard Nixon, resigned during October of 1973. Agnew had been dealing with charges of tax evasion and receiving bribes prior to his resignation. After he left office he pleaded no contest to the criminal charges and was fined and given probation. He was replaced by Gerald Ford, who, less than a year later, would become the President after Nixon resigned. Spiro Agnew was the second US Vice President to resign, the first for criminal reasons.

This may have been considered easy listening in those days. ;)

ztnoo

The pic associated with the Procol Harem cut above is actually The Rolling Stones

Left to right: Mick Jagger, Keith Richards. Charlie Watts, Bill Wyman, Brian Jones (with his head on Wyman's chest)

tunahead72

Congratulations to Pearl Jam and all the other 2017 inductees into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame!

I was in my late 30's when Pearl Jam first entered the music scene, so I was probably not exactly their target audience.  But I loved their music just the same, and listened to everything of theirs I could get my hands on for a few years, including a bunch of live bootleg cassettes (whatever those were).

I never took the opportunity to see them live, the closest I ever got was seeing them perform on Saturday Night Live in 1992.  Seeing this video kinda brings the whole thing back:

ohiofarmer

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Bosch-PowerBox-Water-Resistant-Cordless-Bluetooth-Jobsite-Radio/999947826

I got an IPod for Christmas, but had no earthly idea how to download music to it. My daughter had some stuff om my computer that I am attempting to download, but the stuff is in a different format. I did not even have ear buds for my player so it sat in the box, a used unit bought on EBay.

So as you can see, I am a complete idiot without even an owners manual. My situation changed last week.

I was determined to at least buy one song from ITunes or try to load the songs from the computer when, after powering the unit up and charging it up with the computer, discovered at least 1500 songs already downloaded to the IPod. My wife had some old cheap spare earbuds she uses at work to drown out the cubicle gossip. I tried them out and was amazed at all the stuff that was right there on the thing ready to go

Ear buds do not work at all in the shop, so we went to Lowes to look at jobsite radios. I had a decent Milwaukee that died last year and figured to replace it with another when we saw this one I linked above.  Just WOW is all I can say!   If you want a radio or amplifier to play MP3 music, the Bosch is the one to have.You need a unit that will not distort at higher volume for the shop, and that is where this one excels.  Once I learn to edit out some of the rap music on the Ipod, there is still plenty of music from back in the day that I can enjoy. This radio also has Bluetooth, whatever that is, but a lot of people think it is a big deal

Being thrifty with our money, we bought a Lowes gift card from Kroger that will save us 28.00 on fuel and I just hung out at Lowes talking to the guys at the contractors counter waiting for my wife to return with the gift card. I asked them if I could use my contractor's discount along with the gift card [no,you cannot], so they gave me a discretionary discount anyway. We figure we got a 200.00 radio for a bit over 150.00 Nice people.

Anyway, I like all kinds of music. except rap with all the obscene language and the 80's music with electronic percussion.

The metal grill speaker guards from the dead Milwaukee radio will live on. i have a Huskee lawn tractor with a broken  headlight cover that will be replaced with the grills for a black out effect if i can manage them into place

Edited by ohiofarmer

AMC RULES

• Like 2

r356c

The pipes don't seem complete without drums.

• Like 1

AMC RULES

AMC RULES

Edited by AMC RULES

AMC RULES

Edited by AMC RULES

Reel Mower Freak
On April 9, 2017 at 11:56 PM, tunahead72 said:

Congratulations to Pearl Jam and all the other 2017 inductees into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame!

I was in my late 30's when Pearl Jam first entered the music scene, so I was probably not exactly their target audience.  But I loved their music just the same, and listened to everything of theirs I could get my hands on for a few years, including a bunch of live bootleg cassettes (whatever those were).

I never took the opportunity to see them live, the closest I ever got was seeing them perform on Saturday Night Live in 1992.  Seeing this video kinda brings the whole thing back:

PJ is still one of my favourite bands to see live. If ever possible you should get to a show.

These kids are unbelievable. They do lots of covers. 

• Like 1

TJ

Edited by TJ

Amcwheel85

I'm a classic country fan with only a select newer country singers I like. George jones, hank sr, jr, and III(hank jr lives 30 min from me) Eric church, Waylon, Merle, David Allen co, and most country from the 80s and 90s. Not into much screaming music or rock but the 2 rock bands I do love is CCR and skynard. Can't forget Loretta Lynn(also lives 40 min from me) and patsy cline(plane crash site is 25 min from my house) love those girls!

Edited by Amcwheel85

tunahead72

I read this afternoon that Chris Cornell passed away last night, apparently took his own life.

So sad.  Seriously.

Here's a couple of tunes he wrote for the Temple of the Dog project.

AMC RULES

:pray: RIP Mr Gregg Allman...you will be missed.   

• Like 1

dodge78

Shotgun Guitar played and SHOT by Rev. Peyton

Folsom Prison Blues/Pinball Wizard Mashup

ebinmaine

Love this thread.... Easy to go down a thousand wormholes of - oh yeah, remember that? or that? SOOO much great music here.

• Like 1

AMC RULES

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Just because it is summer  :)