TJ

What Are You Listening To?

19richie66

Googled it :handgestures-thumbupright:

84865176-E5B1-4BC5-A3F3-E93CBEB1DF5E.jpeg

• Excellent 2

Gregor
35 minutes ago, EB-80/8inPA said:

Can anyone following this topic kindly confirm or deny that that is, in fact, the late great Keith Moon perched proudly behind the wheel of that C160?  Who?

Can you say, " Photo Shop" ?

Pullstart

I love a good harmony.  

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

Handy Don
2 hours ago, pullstart said:

I love a good harmony.  

Me too, especially a capella. This lament was always one of my favs by Tennessee Ernie Ford.

Excellent voicing and the use of the tools as "instruments" adds a lot to the rendition. Of course the video is lip synched (you need very erect posture to get that deep and the different vocal tracks were carefully tweaked to get the perfect synchronization) but what a great piece! Thanks for posting it.

(Disclosure: I sang bass in my college chorus and was always jealous that the tenors and baritones got nearly all of the cool melody parts. This fellow's got a range at least an octave above and three or four notes below where I could go. D**n!)

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

ZXT
8 hours ago, pullstart said:

I love a good harmony.  

5 hours ago, Handy Don said:

Me too, especially a capella. This lament was always one of my favs by Tennessee Ernie Ford.

Excellent voicing and the use of the tools as "instruments" adds a lot to the rendition. Of course the video is lip synched (you need very erect posture to get that deep and the different vocal tracks were carefully tweaked to get the perfect synchronization) but what a great piece! Thanks for posting it.

(Disclosure: I sang bass in my college chorus and was always jealous that the tenors and baritones got nearly all of the cool melody parts. This fellow's got a range at least an octave above and three or four notes below where I could go. D**n!)

Have y'all ever listened to any of Home Free's stuff? Pretty good a capella group and they've covered a little bit of everything. Their bass singer isn't bad either.

• Like 1

Pullstart
57 minutes ago, ZXT said:

Their bass singer 

sounds a lot like Jason Michael Carroll

• Like 1

tunahead72

On a Skynyrd kick the last couple of days for some reason, love the early stuff:

Stay tuned for some Allman Brothers, listened to a lot of their early tunes too recently...

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

WheelhorseBob

I didn’t go through this entire thread. That being said, if you haven’t listened to Colter Wall, the pride of Saskatchewan, you really need to.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

WHX??

What's not to love there Ed the Tuesdays gone is off  the hook..... the one thing I love about this thread is all the stuff out there I am not aware of ... kinda like what WH Bob just posted. 

I was born and raised on classic rock but am open to anything  but rap, disco and most of the other weird crap. 

My son came to visit the other day and commented (negatively )  about my honky tonk and Wille's road house in the shop.... I told him to go set up his own shop this one's mine! 

Odd thing is I am  not gravitating towards the newer country stuff just older.....is it just me? 

Edited by WHX??
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Horse Newbie
13 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

is it just me? 

No...it's not...

• Like 2

tunahead72
1 hour ago, WHX?? said:

... Odd thing is I am  not gravitating towards the newer country stuff just older.....is it just me? 

Absolutely not!  I have little patience for country generally, but especially the newer artists and tunes out there these days.  That being said, I can easily listen to guys like Steve Earle and Chris Stapleton all day long, because I feel like they have something interesting to say, and I love the musical talent and creativity behind it all.  Or even occasionally someone like Zac Brown, or Lukas Nelson (and certainly dad Willie), or Eric Church, for the same reasons.  It doesn't hurt that all these guys can rock if they want to.

It's funny, both my son and daughter have turned me on to some interesting artists over the years.  My son took me to an acoustic Blackberry Smoke concert a couple of years ago, loved it!  And my daughter is the one who taught me about Zac Brown.  There's hope!

I also want to learn more about and listen to Dwight Yoakam, he's fascinated me for some reason that I don't understand, I just haven't taken the time to listen to him much.  And he's got more than 20 albums out by now, I got some catching up to do!

Love this thread!

--------

EDIT:  So, add Colter Wall and Sturgill Simpson to my list of musicians to listen to. B)

Edited by tunahead72
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Jeff-C175
1 hour ago, tunahead72 said:

I have little patience for country generally,

I guess "Old and In The Way" is out of the question then?  :ychain:   WWJS ?  (What Would Jorma Say)

• Haha 1

tunahead72

Not at all, just temporarily forgotten...  It happens. B)

• Haha 1

19richie66

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

WHX??

Thanks alot Ritchie now you got me tubing Steve! :lol:

• Haha 1

19richie66
49 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

Thanks alot Ritchie now you got me tubing Steve! :lol:

You’re welcome. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WHX??
On 8/20/2021 at 8:57 PM, tunahead72 said:

Stay tuned for some Allman Brothers,

:confusion-waiting:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

WHX??
On 8/17/2021 at 8:28 AM, pullstart said:

I love a good harmony.

Doobs come to mind here.... 

Edited by WHX??
  • Like 2

WHX??

Two can play at that game Ritchie! 

• Like 1

Jeff-C175

Jeff-C175

• Like 1

Jeff-C175

• Like 1

WheelhorseBob

• Like 1

WheelhorseBob

And a little more Colter. When you listen to him you should know he’s singing, playing guitar and using a kick drum. Oh and he’s only 22ish years old. Talent like his is rare.....

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1