What Are You Listening To?

JimD

A Trent Reznor song...

• Like 1

JimD

533c2955f2314.png

:ychain:

rexman72

listening to big Al Downing and the song MR Jones which i am sure no ones ever heard of lol

AMC RULES

AMC RULES

Two of the greats featured here. 

C-101plowerpower

Koen

stratostar250

I just found this thread, and I'm so excited to follow it, I love music!

I listen to all genres of music, but lately I've been in an instrumental kinda mood.

Edited by stratostar250
  • Like 1

AMC RULES

Just a heads up here...

my PBS channel has a series called "Independent Lens", last night I watched a episode/documentary called..."Muscle Shoals"

which documents the incredible sounds captured by the independent recording studios located down in Muscle Shoals, Alabama. 

Virtually every Artist known to man has recorded down there, with the studios session musicians, known simply, as the "Swampers". 

If you love music, and are interested in the history of where if comes from...then you gotta catch this show...

a spiritual journey through time and music you definitely don't want to miss. 

Here's a link to the shows website, which, by the way...let's you can down load the soundtrack(playlist)from the show. 

http://www.pbs.org/independentlens/muscle-shoals/

• Like 1

squonk

Right now crappy radio station at the Chiropractor!

C-101plowerpower

http://youtu.be/tnGuLKXlX7A

Koen

C-101plowerpower

Koen

varosd

a pair English lads playing instrumental licks against a backdrop of vintage public service montages.

• Like 1

nylyon

I know, I know there's a reason I put this in here, but these guys are really good!  This is an original and I have to say that I really like it, hope you do too!  (sound quality is a little off because it's taken with a cell phone, anyone want to donate studio time :) )

0aa56a5afe0b39a88734d69e3e00b06d
  • Like 1

C-85

I am listening to a wide variety of music and programs, mostly from iTunes or CD's that I downloaded.

I have over 2,000 songs on my player, everything from classic rock, pop, alternative, country, and even some big bands songs.  I have also loaded on some famous speeches and some comedy stuff (mainly Dickie Goodman from the 70's and 80's), several theme songs, and some very memorable commercials.  On a separate file I have about 150 Christmas or holiday songs that I listen to during the holiday season.

About the only radio I listen to now days is on Saturday mornings, our local oldies station is playing some re-runs of Casey Kasem's American Top 40, from the 70's and 80's, and I really enjoy that and really like Casey and all his feature dedications.  This always brings back a lot of good memories!

Lastly, I've also been listening to something else that I used to listen to when I was a kid, and that's the CBS Radio Mystery Theater with E. G Marshall.  I found several shows of this on Youtube and really like that as well.  Most of these shows have the original commercials in them, so that's also cool.

I just put my player on to "shuffle all" and let it play and I NEVER hear anything that I don't like, no commercials (that I didn't load), no gab or talk, no political ads, just stuff I like, it's better than any radio station! :)

I should also clarify that I am a casualty :ranting:of records, 8 track tapes, cassettes, CD's, and now I'm on my 4th digital player, so I feel that I've done my part to support the music business and electronic equipment trade 

C-85

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Are you tracking this?   :teasing-poke: 

C-101plowerpower

Koen

boovuc

yesterday was Pink Floyd-Animals day in the garage!

AMC RULES

How I'm feeling, two weeks out from the 2014 big  :wh: show. 

Dockfishin

• Like 1