Sign in to follow this  
COMMANDO1

JACOBSON 18

COMMANDO1

Any info would help...ther is a jacobson homlite yt-18 or no. ut33016 for sale down the road......pretty good shape

any thoughts?

bowtiebutler956

I can't help much, but aren't Jacobsen garden tractors just a Ford. My dad always liked Jacobsen, and said they were a tough unit. :twocents-02cents:

Matt :flags-texas:

rmaynard

Not to go too far off the track, but interestingly, some Jacobsens used a 3 piece seat just like Wheel Horse did in the 70's. Only difference is that the pan was blue and the logo wasn't a horse head on the back rest.

post-2221-0-41476200-1342179489_thumb.jp

MarkPalmer

I can't help much, but aren't Jacobsen garden tractors just a Ford. My dad always liked Jacobsen, and said they were a tough unit. :twocents-02cents:

Matt :flags-texas:

It's the other way around- Fords were blue painted Jacobsens. Also same/similar models sold as Olivers and Minneapolis-Moline, but all built by Jacobsen. Excellent quality tractors, at least the Garden models, every bit as tough as Wheel Horse or anything else. My only hesitation on buying one would be tractor/mower specific parts- they are VERY scarse compared to just about any other big name tractor.

-Mark-

-Mark-