Sign in to follow this  
Raider12

Differential types? How many pinons?

Raider12

Some of you say that my Raidar 12 has a "Limted Slip" 10 pinion diff. What does a model 416-8 have? Anyone know?

TT

A 416-8 should have an 8 pinion differential with 1 1/8" axles.

bluetuna08

second that...the manual says so.

Raider12

Correct me if I am wrong, but only the 10 pinion is a Limited Slip? Not the 8 pinion?

What manual has all of this info? And where can I get one? Thank you for your time

TT

Correct me if I am wrong, but only the 10 pinion is a Limited Slip? Not the 8 pinion?

What manual has all of this info? And where can I get one? Thank you for your time

You are correct.

I don't know if there is such a manual to specifically tell you what tractor has what transaxle, but you can download the WH transaxle repair manual at the Toro website.

Go to this POST and follow the link I posted there.

kpinnc

What manual has all of this info? And where can I get one?

If you can get your hands on one of the "Mechanical Transmission manual", it has a fairly decent list of which tractors have different transmissions. Also, it's an excellent manual to have around if you plan to open one of these transmissions. There are plenty of step-by-step pictures for folks like me that aren't the most mechanically minded as well... Not sure if Toro.com has it for download or not, but they do show up on Ebay fairly often as a copy.

There used to be a list on the internet that ranged from 1955 to present, that listed engine types and transmission types for each WH tractor, but the address no longer works. I have a paper copy of it, and can try an scan it and post it here. I have NO idea as to it's accuracy, but it is certainly a big list. You'll also need the manual I listed above to interpret all the numbers.

Kevin

Raider12

You are correct.

I don't know if there is such a manual to specifically tell you what tractor has what transaxle, but you can download the WH transaxle repair manual at the Toro website.

Go to this POST and follow the link I posted there.

That link was the ticket! A BIG HELP! Thank you thank you thank you! I have a few manuals on hand now.

Curmudgeon

The part number for the Mechanical Transmission Repair Manual is 492-4004. About 10 bucks the last I knew, but it's been a while. Very handy resource to have.