Sign in to follow this  
mdn1081

Need Help with tire size.

mdn1081

Ok guys i need some advice on tire sizing. I have 25-10-12 tires for the rear. I am going to mount them on 7" wide rims. I am going to buy either the 18-8.50-8 ribbed vredesteins from miller tire or the 16-6.50-8 of the same tire. I would like some input on this. My worry is that the 18-8.50-8 size will be to large. I don't want tractor to lean back. If anything I want it to be level or lean forward slightly. Also I will probably be running a offset 4on4 bolt style wheel with a hub on a 520 axle. The wheels that I am finding are 7" wide which would work on the 18.8-50.8 but would probably be to wide for the 16 6.50 8. However I could probably cut and weld the wheel if I had to to make it narrower. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sparky

Well with 25" rears and 18" fronts you have essentially lifted both front and rear of your machine 1" so it should be level. If you went with the 16x6.50's up front you'll get that raked look you mentioned you wanted.

I've never mounted up that size rubber so I cant help with the rim width questions.

Mike........

mdn1081

Hey thanks alot, I think the 18 8.50 8 tire is what I will go with. As long as it sits level I am ok with that.I just don't want the front higher than the rear.