Sign in to follow this  
glgrumpy

Mule Drive? question on part

glgrumpy

Have a 71 Electro Charger 12 and has little diff deck drive with that electric clutch. There is a large "Cam" that adjusts and rides up into a "Bushing" on the quick-tach mount. That bushing on mine is now solid, and split. Looking at parts book it is #6714 and looks like it should be loose and held on by a clip? Mine looks moved out to outside, thusly under force that made inside break off and then cam rode on shaft and scarred it. Was just gonna have the bushing welded back together until I noted maybe not supposed to be solid and not out that far?? SO, is it supposed to be loose and in more? I can post a pix if needed, part is off tractor. Can that bushing be found? Might need the whole mount too if that is wrecked. I'll look at it today, see if comes apart. Also wondering if idler wheel bearings #4567 have a generic number that I can pick up at shop? Looks pretty common size, just not sure. Can shop use that WH number or need more generic one?

glgrumpy

OK, found that idler came off with some work. filed the shaft and turns smooth. Welder didn't think he could fix the idler itself, can build up shaft and smooth it out again. SO, looking for #6714 Bushing Idler, no longer available from Toro. Anyone? Got a new bearing and a spacer for use on the pulley and it is in and good.