Sign in to follow this  
Mikez655

Tillotson carb

Mikez655

Anyone ever hear of it? There's a gentleman on eBay selling one saying its very rare

Hodge71

:confusion-confused: Tillotson carbs really arent rare. He might have a rare model. I have a Tillotson carb on my Stihl chainsaw and I believe they make carbs for Harleys and also racing go-karts. You might want to see if they have a website and check the model number on there to see its rarity.

racinfool40

I think the Tiltson the guy is referring to is the one used on the 633 model wheel horse...when I got my 633 it had been switched over to the Carter Model N..and after talkin to a few members I'm gonna leave it that way..and have never found a complete set up to switch back...the listing is for the carb only and you would need to find the elbow and air cleaner assembly plua all the other linkage...

MIKE

Kelly

The tillotson carbs used on the WH tractors are getting hard to come by, and parts are also, not sure of all the model tractors that used them but it was only a few in the early 60's

Hodge71

I never knew that some horses had them....very cool info..Thanks Kelly and Mike

buckrancher

the tillotson carb on a wheelhorse 633 is a model E12 and the fuel inlet is positioned 90 degrees from the one on E-bay

and the throat dia. is way to small. It could be off a surburban 550 which is a E9 if I remember correctly but from looking at the pictures

the throat dia may be even smaller (E5) so it may not be from a wheelhorse

Brian

joebob

buckrancher is right about everything :bow-blue: but the size its only a E3,

Coadster32

I have one on my 551. The motor was off an old ariens snow thrower. I was just happy to get the H55D of any kind. I've cleaned it out, but it leaks like a pig. I shut off the gas and run the carb dry every time I use it. Haven't gooten around to rebuild yet, or find the parts for it. How big would the throat be so i would know whick one I have?

buckrancher

buckrancher is right about everything :bow-blue: but the size its only a E3,

thanks joe :thumbs:

WH Raider10

I had a Tillotson carb on my 100cc 2 stroke racing gocart.

buckrancher

I have one on my 551. The motor was off an old ariens snow thrower. I was just happy to get the H55D of any kind. I've cleaned it out, but it leaks like a pig. I shut off the gas and run the carb dry every time I use it. Haven't gooten around to rebuild yet, or find the parts for it. How big would the throat be so i would know whick one I have?

Chis the model number should be molded in the side of the carb E? I can make new bowl gaskets for these carbs

Brian

Coadster32

Thanks Brian. I am hoping to get to it soon, as it's leaking down alot. I got some nice gasket material from Wallfish, but not sure if it's the fill valve leaking down. Looking to get a good rebuid kit before I rip into it. Just haven't looked yet. I'll keep your help in mind if I get into a jamb. :thanks:

rydogg

My tilly carbs on my horses are the following sizes

Suburban 550 E10A

633 E11A

I have a k141 that was not in a wheelhorse that has a E12A carburetor I also purchased a tilly from ebay that has a red air cleaner that I am assuming is from a wheelhorse the number on that is E12A. Are the different numbers for the throat size bigger number bigger throat??

buckrancher

My tilly carbs on my horses are the following sizes

Suburban 550 E10A

633 E11A

I have a k141 that was not in a wheelhorse that has a E12A carburetor I also purchased a tilly from ebay that has a red air cleaner that I am assuming is from a wheelhorse the number on that is E12A. Are the different numbers for the throat size bigger number bigger throat??

yes