Sign in to follow this  
roscoemi

PTO Clutch material

roscoemi

I have a C-121 with a 12hp Kohler and the clutch material on the pto is worn out. Anybody know where I can buy this? Or does the whole pulley need to be replaced? :confusion-confused:

Hodge71

It can be refaced. I have not done 1 myself but Rochester Clutch and Brake in Rochester NY will refinish them very economically, much cheaper than a new one from Toro. The other option would be to buy the friction material from McMaster-Carr and dig into it yourself. I did my own turning brakes for my 18 auto, so I would figure a clutch couldnt be too hard.

roscoemi

Found a post in a link a few pages in and got the info on parts tree. Any idea on the friction material from mcmaster-carr? It's just rivited on, I can redneck that back together! :banana-tux:

tarcoleo

Hey Roscoe-

http://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/118/3511/=i9hri9

If it was me, l would go with the 1/4" medium friction stuff above and epoxy a cut disc of the material

to the pulley, then rivet the two. There is little heat and stress to this assembly, should be a piece

of cake, BUT I haven't done it. I did buy some 1" high-strength friction strip from them to reline a brake

band on a C-81 and that worked out. Good luck.

Tom in Little Compton

roscoemi

Tom, thanks for the info. Will do on both of mine and see how it works. It will definately be cheaper.