Sign in to follow this  
hbrooks49

Mower deck wheels

hbrooks49

Hi,

I'm new here and finally made an introductory posting. I have a C-105 with 42 inch rear discharge deck and wish to raise the cutting height a bit. I have read several posts where people have said that they use a bit larger rear wheel on the deck.

I bought a pair of 7 inch wheels with offset hubs at TSC today but no combination of moving the spacers on the adjustable bolts and shimming with washers seems to work - anything that comes close causes the wheel to hit the deck.

Perhaps one of you who has done this successfully could let me know what size wheel / offset combination you used and where you purchased it. If this already appears somewhere in the forums I apologize - I did spend a bit of time trying to find it without success.

Thank you..

Henry

can whlvr

i tried this several years ago,it didnt work for me,the deck never would cut right,and i had the 22 inch rears and the clearance wasnt very much,i did this because i had an 8 hp and in the rainy season i coulnt cut the lawn enough and it was tall and the 8 couldnt handle it,wh,s just have a close cut,but maybe someone has done it successfully and will chime in