Sign in to follow this  
1maidenfan

RAIN :) :) :)

1maidenfan

:woohoo::happy-jumpeveryone::bow-blue::bow-blue::bow-blue:

Finally had some much needed RAIN today :greetings-clappingyellow:

Came down hard and fast but not long enough :ranting:

Hoping we get more so the city doesnt cancell fireworks :flags-usa::occasion-independenceday:

rmaynard

We are dry and 101° here in central Maryland with no rain in sight.

KC9KAS

Hot and Dry here....108 degrees for the 2nd day in a row...Have had less than 1/4" of rain in June....Dryer than a popcorn fart!

Wheel Crazy

I heard most places are banning fireworks for the time being because everything is so dry outside! :angry-extinguishflame:

Jim_M

We got a half inch today, the only problem is we also got 91 mph winds with it. Allen County looks like a war zone. My standby generator is running and probably will be for a long time.

can whlvr

weve been extremely hot and dry up here,alot of wind this year,some of the farmers are able to bring in the hay in one day

1maidenfan

We got a half inch today, the only problem is we also got 91 mph winds with it. Allen County looks like a war zone. My standby generator is running and probably will be for a long time.

Hope all is fine up your way! We had 50 -60 mph winds with our rain today, didnt see to much damage around just the normal tree down here and there.

Jim_M

It's pretty bad up here. 66,800 properties out of power in Allen county alone. Lost some siding, and have a lot of branches to clean up. The neighbor's big sycamore tree broke in half and took out my privacy fence but missed the house and well by a foot, so all in all I got pretty lucky.

Here's a link to the local news channel, they have pictures and video of the damage in the area.

http://www.indianasn...-160870895.html

1maidenfan

Glad to here your ok ! Living in Marion I only get Indy news. Thanks for the link

meadowfield

rain!

we are supposed to be in summertime here in the UK ! there has been over 12inches in most places with flash floods, hail, tornados...

only a month ago there was a hosepipe ban :confusion-confused:

Rollerman

We got a piece of that storm in Elkhart county too yesterday.

Half inch of rain, it sounds like the strong winds stayed south of us atleast.

I don't think a 1/2" of rains going to put a dent in this dry spell though.

Hot topic around here....local wells go dry when farmers run their iragation pumps.

Jim hope you get your power back soon.

Jim_M

The Generac has been purring along for 27 hours now. They're saying Wednesday at the earliest for getting us back on. It's a good thing I changed oil and filter in the generator this spring. The NIPSCo natural gas bill might be a little rough this month, but it's worth every cent to still have my well pump and A/C.

smoreau

The Generac has been purring along for 27 hours now. They're saying Wednesday at the earliest for getting us back on. It's a good thing I changed oil and filter in the generator this spring. The NIPSCo natural gas bill might be a little rough this month, but it's worth every cent to still have my well pump and A/C.

Looks like your getting your investment back on that generator Jim! Hope all you guys with no power get it back soon! My Ac has been freezing over and I have to remove the cover and run the hose over the evaporator core to thaw it out to get the house cool again. Its going to be a hot summer!

Jim_M

I've had the generac unit for over 10 years, and it's paid for itself many times over. I would recommend one to anyone living in a wooded area or any area prone to power failures. It starts itself, doesn't require me to add fuel to it and shuts itself off when the power comes back on.

1maidenfan

I've had the generac unit for over 10 years, and it's paid for itself many times over. I would recommend one to anyone living in a wooded area or any area prone to power failures. It starts itself, doesn't require me to add fuel to it and shuts itself off when the power comes back on.

Get power back yet ?

We have had some pretty good rain showers come through this weekend, looks like fireworks are going to be a go after all. :woohoo::happy-jumpeveryone::bow-blue::text-merryxmas: IN JULY ! :laughing-lettersrofl:

Thank you mother nature :party:

1maidenfan

I have a portable 6500 w generator for about 4-5 yrs now that I have only had to use once when my transformer blew at the end of my drive. I live like 2 city blocks from my local power source (EAP) and in the 10 yrs that I have lived here I have never had my power go out for more than 10- 15 min. max!

Thank you AEP :beer: ( jusjeepn) :notworthy:

decksetter

I just got power back today. We lost a 75ft hickory tree, took about a 15,000lb New Holland tractor with front wheel assist in low range to pull it off the other tree it landed on, I tried to jerk it with my truck but snapped my 4" tow strap that's been used on semi trucks numerous times. Snapped it 3 or 4 times actually. I did successfully jerk the rear of my truck 2ft sideways...

2012-06-29_20-11-11_972.jpg

2012-06-29_20-16-23_986.jpg

Had chain saw trouble, so we got it stripped but I still have a 52ft log laying in my yard and a 5ft tall stump.

I don't know if any of you guys saw the pictures of the two new hog barns that got destroyed, but they were a mile from my parents' house. Metal everywhere in that field, and a big section of trusses that got ripped in half ended up a hundred or so feet away from the building. Supposedly blew the other building off its foundation.

My friend that pulled the tree down for me is a farmer, his 4 wheel grain hopper actually got blown across his driveway and into his truck.

Jim_M

No power yet, they're saying late Wednesday night.

1maidenfan

No power yet, they're saying late Wednesday night.

Wow :jaw: Hang in there, hope all is well.

Jim_M

Thanks. Everything is fine. I finished with the last of the cleanup and repairs yesterday. Everything ( other than the generator running) is back to normal for us.