Sign in to follow this  
Jim_M

How hot was it today?

MikesRJ

72 degrees in my living room where I was hiding from the weather. :lol:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Rollerman

I see some talk about the humidity.

It reached 104 here in Millersburg Thursday.

It's hot, but it would be far worse if the humidity levels were up like a normal IN summer.

I don't know how everyones yards are looking, but I've mowed twice this year & the second time was just to knock down the weeds that seem to thrive in the dry conditions up currently.

stevasaurus

OK...UNCLE on the heat. We are looking at the next 3 days hitting 100+. What a complete waste of time hiding in the shade and drinking beer. OMG...did I really say that??? :bow-blue::orcs-cheers:

news-oktoberfest.jpg

• Like 1

AMC RULES

What a complete waste of time hiding in the shade and drinking beer. OMG...did I really say that???

Don't sweat it Steve, you're prolly just a little light headed from all of that heat you've been consuming over there in the shade. Stay thirsty my friend. :)

http://www.youtube.c...ture=relchannel

• Like 1

Kelly

Near or at 100 next few days humidity is at 65% and climbing, we have not had rain in over a month, we don't have AC and by late afternoon it is warmer in the house, then outside, I have been out welding on the race car the past few days, I can say it is HOT even at 7am or 7pm when I was doing that, not sure any town around us is even doing fireworks with the dry conditions, we may go to the movies and watch something in the AC.

stevasaurus

Kelly, I sure hope this weather breaks in time for the Charlotte show. :)

rydogg

In the 100's around here for a few more days.....I got the AC going again on Sunday we had the bearings seize up in the blower motor for the furnace I just happened to have one sitting on the shelf that was the same so I installed it and wired it up and she's good as new 72 degrees in the house and 100+ outside. I try to do my outside work after dark but it has been staying pretty hot through the night. I am going to install lights on my groundsmaster so I can mow after dark :thumbs: .

Jake Kuhn

Its 90 here and pretty humid in south west Mi. Not very fin weather! Jake

HorseFixer

We are on vacation this week and It was 100 today at the campground. Last week I got a call from an old customer that I put an Carrier A/C in for 24 years ago and his went out, (bad compressor) burnt the spade terminals plumb off! So bad in fact it burned a hole right through the compressor and out came the gas!! :eek: Being I dont do much A/C work anymore since working for the County And being he was one of my old customers I deciding to help the guy out and ended up replacing the condensing unit the next day. Looks like just in time because this weeks forcast is a scorcher! :no: Anyways you guys stay cool! :angry-chillpill:

can whlvr

over 100 here and high humid,i work out side and it was brutal thia afternoon,in the sun and zero shade,i drank 2 gallons of water today and never had to go to the bathroom once

stevasaurus

over 100 here and high humid,i work out side and it was brutal thia afternoon,in the sun and zero shade,i drank 2 gallons of water today and never had to go to the bathroom once

It is dangerous heat out there Don...be careful. :bow-blue:

Kelly

was 103 here yesterday, we for fun took my temp gun out and about in the yard, bare dirt in the yard was 129 deg. in the shade was 105, the inside of my truck with windows down 2" in the shade was 135, the black trunk lid on my race car was 155, I had to move a trailer with the 520, we checked the seat temp it was 167, that was a hot ride, right now at noon it's only 95, but they are saying 100+ by 4pm I have lots to do outside but only a little at a time.

It did rain here lastnight but only enough to make a mess of the dust on the cars, didn't even rinse them off.

Buckshot 1

Its so hot and dry here in Ft. wayne, IN. that I saw a dog chasing a cat and they were both walking. After the big storm and 4 days of no electric. Its so nice to have AC again. Yesterday it was 94 at noon, news stated it finally top out a 107. Yall try and stay cool it is dangerous out there. The electric company called in crews from Okla, Ky and several other states to help restore power. I can not imagine what those guys/gals are going thru working 16 hr days in this heat. Its not the humity, it is the high dew point that makes so unbareale.

• Like 1

stevasaurus

I'll tell you what...all those power and city workers are making a ton of money doing their thing right now...they did not get their OT doing snow removal last winter. Although, I'll bet, they would much rather be removing snow right now then cutting up trees and going house to house hanging services back up. I was a lineman/splicer for the phone company...been there done that, nice to be sitting at home. They all work hard, and this is when you get to meet the people that you think get to sleep in their trucks and eat doughnuts all day. Hopefully, none of them get hurt doing what they do best. If you get a chance, offer them a cup of coffee or what ever you might have that is cold. :) I drank a 96 degree Hamms beer one day with a costumer because he was so glad to get his service back...he offered and the customer is always right...long time ago, but I still remember that one. You just can't beat a service orientated job.

KC9KAS

OK...UNCLE on the heat. We are looking at the next 3 days hitting 100+. What a complete waste of time hiding in the shade and drinking beer. OMG...did I really say that??? :bow-blue::orcs-cheers:

news-oktoberfest.jpg

Wow, she sure has a nice set of...er...uh...ummm,..hands to hold all those mugs!

Made it to Ft. Wayne for the Wing Ding, and rode through 97 & 98 degree temps....maybe even 100, but never saw a time and temp with more than 98

wh500special

I drank a 96 degree Hamms beer

From the land of sky blue waters...

AMC RULES

Its so hot and dry here in Ft. wayne, IN. that I saw a dog chasing a cat and they were both walking.

:ROTF:

Both at a snails pace, I bet.

squonk

Hot enough today to make one of our chillers to draw 330 amps on a breaker that the max continuous load is 320! :jaw:

6wheeler

I think it is hotter than hell's basement here. 100+ here today and over 80% humidity. We are still pouring concrete like crazy though. I have AC in the truck but, I still leave the windows down because I have to get out alot so whats the point. I feel sorry for the guys too. They are really suffering. I stopped at the store on the way to my last job and got a dozen popsicles for the crew. Needless to say, they were happy. Any way, they say it is supposed to break tonight with rain possible. But, who are they and what do they know anyways. Kelly, I got a nice 115v 15000btu window unit you can have. If, of course. You come and get it :ychain::greetings-clappingyellow: :icecream:

smoreau

:woohoo: it's going to drop to 88 deg tomorrow! I might have to find a coat! It's been a rough week and I am glad I have central air, even know it makes the old meter spin like mad. But I'm willing to pay for some comfort at night!

whfan74

This is just unbelievable. Brand new central air unit that we installed this spring has definitely been broken in quickly!

Jake Kuhn

got to 99.7 and 55% humidity when we were working at the farm today. :banghead:

KC9KAS

Last night in Ft. Wayne it was 96 degrees at 9:15 PM.

We have been on vacation (motorcycle vacation) all week . We have been in HOT weather all week...most days 100 plus.

Now that we are back home, I see in the newspaper that next week the highs will be in the upper 80's....just my darn luck! Oh, well, we still had a good (1660 mile) ride and had fun.

Buckshot 1

:) KC9KAS, How did you like your time in the Big City? I feel like a bear in hibernation, doing very little if any outside work. Been hiding in the house in the AC after the power came back on. Its only suppose to be 90 today, so I think I will go to the shop and see if I can get something done, maybe drink a cold one, that is if they have not skunked up on me after no power. Stevasurus, I think I would have turned the 96 deg. Hamms down, even if the customer is always right. :flags-usa:

stevasaurus

Buckshot...you just had to be there...I just remember this old guy being so happy to get service it was impossible to turn down, and you are right, it was not real easy to drink either. :) The heat string finally broke today here in Chicago land...lookin' at 80's all week. Now if we could just get some rain in the river. :bow-blue: