Sign in to follow this  
Jim_M

How hot was it today?

Jim_M

They said it was 106 on the radio on my way home from work. My thermometer said 109. Let's hear it everybody...how hot was it in your area today?

I wonder what it will be like in August.

JimD

It was supposed to be 97 here in NE Ohio today, but it looks like it only made it to 92. That is actually much cooler than many places around the country today. Will be hot for the next few days.

73-18 automatic

Think it was around 95 today here.

decksetter

I looked on my phone at 5pm today, weatherbug said 105 and weather underground said 106. Then I had to get on a roof for a few minutes, and it was REALLY hot.

CRE1992

It was around 92-95 here today in NJ last Wendesday I was digging a trench and running pipe and my phone said 103 and my truck read 104 and it was in the shade. The contractor who was parked behind me in the shade said it was 105 according to his truck

1maidenfan

It was said to be 104 here in Marion :woohoo: , my truck thermometer said 104 also. :angelic-red: That was at 6 pm. :eusa-think:

Like Jim_M said " I wonder what it will be like in August." :angry-fire:

bowtiebutler956

It was around 104 here today, and we had a couple very brief showers, so the humidity was a killer! :scared-eek:

Matt :flags-texas:

Zeek

South central PA checking in at 92°

KC9KAS

My truck and the wifes car both had 108 @ 3:30 PM today.

Jim_M we will be in Ft. Wayne on Friday for the Gold Wing Road Riders Association "Wing Ding" after a ride around Lake Erie.

AMC RULES

So hot...I saw two trees fighting over the same dog today.

How hot was that? :banana-rock:

• Like 3

WH520

Here in Butler, Pa my truck said it was 93*. I ran to Boardman, Oh around 2 this afternoon and it said 97*. I saw a few roofs being worked on in Boardman. At least they had good weather. :lol:

hm12460

A good snow storm would be better than this heat.

marvairplanes

JIM.

106 at 3 PM on the official bank thermometer.

A friend said that the "alarm system" goes off at 155 Degrees in the glass factory where he works here in Defiance.

It went off at 3:45 !!!!!

Marv

Shuboxlover

109 in Nebraska yesterday.....cooled off to a NICE 99 today with a heat index of 107

Jim_M

It was so hot that for the first time in my life riding my motorcycle was no fun at all. The air coming off the pavement was so hot it took your breath away. I came home from work and worked in the garden for about an hour and a half and called it quits, I hope it cools off soon.

Kelly

My truck on the way home said 99, index was 109, I feel for my oldest son he works in a heat treating plant, and temps on a 80 deg day are 110+ I'm sure it was way over that today

wh500special

108 in St. Louis today for the official high. At 10:30pm it's still 97.

I hate to sound like a complete moron, but the humidity was low enough today that I didn't think it felt all that bad...

Our forecast for the next seven days has us 100+ every day. Wow!

weatherreport6282012.jpg

Jim_M

Steve,

I spent a week, in July, in St. Louis a few years ago. I know what you mean about the humidity, it was horrible.

It's so dry here we don't even have humidiity anymore. I always wondered what it was like to live in the desert but I thought I would have to travel outside of Indiana to find out, I didn't know it would come to me.

Jim

1maidenfan

So hot...I saw two trees fighting over the same dog today.

How hot was that? :banana-rock:

:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: :wwp:

CasualObserver

Hrmm... up here it was only 89... and there's flooding in Duluth. If it's not one it's the other, right? :rolleyes:

stevasaurus

Maybe this will help...sit back, pop a cold one and know that the days are getting shorter now...

2008_122909christmas0027.jpg

2008_122909christmas0016.jpg

snow1.jpg

2008_0204January31st0012.jpg

• Like 3

AMC RULES

:text-goodpost: Impeccable timing Steve, hard to believe picts like those actually look good right now.

I feel cooler already. :thanks:

wh500special

I guess a lot of places have extreme weather of one kind or another, but I certainly don't relish this heat.

I know it doesn't compare to places like northern MN or New Hampshire, but I can remember back in high school we had a couple day stretch where the low temperature dropped to -16 F.

To think we're at 108 F now, a delta of 124 degrees, is quite amazing.

I know what you're talking about with the humidity, Jim.

I've maintained that St. Louis has the crappiest weather in the world. It's hot and incredibly humid here in the summer most of the time....probably not as bad as New Orleans, but b-a-d. Then in the winter, while it isn't very cold, we oscillate above and below freezing for three months. Which means instead of the snow others are blessed with, or the rain that our friends to the south get, we get ice storm after ice storm. Or snow so wet you can wring it out. Most of the time we get ice, a little bit of snow, then ice again which is a real joy.

I was amazed in when I lived in northern Indiana what a pleasure the snow was. 12" was no realy problem. It was so dry you could actually shovel it or use a snow thrower, here it's so darn heavy you can't hardly pick up a snow shovel filled with the stuff and it freezes into a solid chunk covering everything.

The division of northern and southern climates here in Lincolnland seems to fall around Denny's place in Springfield. Get way up der by Dino-Steve in Bear country and it's significantly different.

I hate summer.

Steve

• Like 2

can whlvr

about 95 up here in ontario,were the same that its so dry there doesnt seem to be as much humidity this year,and being surrounded by very large bodies of water usually makes alot of humidity,just not as much this year but real windy this year

buckrancher

it was a cool 96 in Ithaca NY today

Brian