Sign in to follow this  
bowtiebutler956

Exploding Grinder Stone?

WH520

I hope you weren't expecting to go the rest of the day without some kind of "reminder" :lol:

• Like 1

kloe0699

I did some grinding last week to fab up that grader blade. Grinders are the best thing since sliced bread.. And they can make you leak in a hurry! They command my attention. That looks like it hurts some. :text-coolphotos: Hope you heal soon!

Edit: I am going to guess your right handed to make life even more difficult now.

• Like 1

bowtiebutler956

I hope you weren't expecting to go the rest of the day without some kind of "reminder" :lol:

One could hope! :ychain:

I did some grinding last week to fab up that grader blade. Grinders are the best thing since sliced bread.. And they can make you leak in a hurry! They command my attention. That looks like it hurts some. :text-coolphotos: Hope you heal soon!

Edit: I am going to guess your right handed to make life even more difficult now.

Yes, I'm right handed, and it does make things a little more challenging. For example Shaving, eating, brushing teeth, wiping my rear. :ROTF:

Matt :flags-texas:

Rooster

Dooooooooooood......

Put that thing in a bucket to protect it!

• Like 1

COMMANDO1

a good placee to dip french fries.......sorry...how many stiches

• Like 1

boovuc

Wow!

Looks like a gutted deer. (Maybe it doesn't since it's been so long since I had to gut one)!

Looks like I'll be wearing my leather gloves when I grind for awhile!

• Like 1

bowtiebutler956

a good placee to dip french fries.......sorry...how many stiches

That's Sick! :ROTF: They only put 6 stiches, because the said they had a hard time getting all the grinder stone particles out, so they spaced them farther apart so they can leak out. :thumbs:

Wow!

Looks like a gutted deer. (Maybe it doesn't since it's been so long since I had to gut one)!

Looks like I'll be wearing my leather gloves when I grind for awhile!

I know I'll be wearing my gloves! :thumbs:

6wheeler

Well, to add insult to injury, as I was walking out of my house a little while ago, I closed the door on my already damaged finger! :no: My neighbor was walking by as I did this, so I had to man up, and pretend everything was ok. So I calmly walked over, and climed into my vehicle, where I then proceeded to double over in pain, and cry like a baby. :ychain: I removed the bandage, expecting to see some popped stitches, but to my suprise there were none. However, now the end of my finger is purple, which goes quite nicely with the blood red, and stitches. It looks like some kind of Frankenfinger now. :ranting:

Jeez, Why don't you just go to your cut-off saw, lop it off and get it over with :ychain: . I too have seen the dreaded exploding wheel make a new spot for the excess blood in my body to escape from. Also, some helpful info for ya Matt. You can safely store those extra shards of grinding material in your finger for years (a little something to look forward to). And, when they work their way to the surface? They will lay just under the skin and every time you touch it on something? They will send that little stinging reminder of how they got there in the first place. Won't that be fun? :teasing-whipyellow: . I too, wear gloves (welding). Yesterday, I was drilling a piece of stock, had it chucked up in the drill press. It was going fine and all of a sudden the drill bit broke. The end actually shot into the cuff on my welding glove and penetrated it. That would have been my forearm :eek::violin::naughty: .Gloves and a face shield for me thanks. Hope you heal up fast. Pat
  • Like 1