Sign in to follow this  
Carpediem64

312-8

Carpediem64

I have a Wheel Horse 312-8 tractor that needs a drive belt, mower deck belt and a set of blades. Can someone direct me to a location where I can look up these parts numbers.

thanks

Steve

DMESS

One of the quickest and easiest to navigate is www.partstree.com. You WILL, however, need the model number from your 312-8. This will be found on the fender pan either in front of the seat or under the lefthand side of it. Look for something like: 31-12KE02 or 73429. These are examples of certain years of 312-8. There are quite a few and you will need your specific one.

Search under TORO: PartsTree

DMESS

Oh, and B)

Another thought. Your mower attachment will have it's own seperate model number that is used to look up parts as well. The tractor will be found under "riding products" and the mower will be found under "attachements".

combatmp29r

Steve B) There seems to be a big influx of 312 owners lately. Dustin has you on the right track for parts so I'll just say welcome and you'll have no problem finding the :whistle: you need here. B)

DMESS

Steve, once you have your numbers, look in our links section for some good part sources if you are interested in buying them online. I recommend your nearest Toro dealer, but you have many choices. B)

T-Mo

Steve,

Since Dustin and Joel have you on the right track, there isn't much I can add, except, B) :whistle:

Carpediem64

WOW.... thanks for the excellent responses. The ID number was under the seat, just covered with years of dust and dirt. 2112K804. I can't find anything on the mower deck just a OPEI passed safety sticker dated 1986. It is a 36" deck with two blades so it shouldn't be to hard to figure out. The deck is raised or lowered via a toggle switch and a small electric motor

The tractor was my fathers for years and has been passed on to me and I want to return it its former glory.

thanks again

Steve

DMESS

Oh, wow! It has the optional electric lift. Pretty rare option to have. The deck will actually be considered a 37" if it is a two blade model. There WAS a 36" but it was a 3 blade job and most often rear discharge.

Oh, your 312-8 is a 1987. B)

DMESS

Try 05-37SC01 for your deck model number. The tag would have been towards the left rear top side of the deck.

DMESS

Steve: B) :whistle:

DMESS

Here is your mower belt (as long as you verify that you have the 37") for less than half the cost of new.

TT

And since the exact combination (minus the electric lift) just left here last week, I'll tell you that the tractor drive belt is (Toro) P/N 7473 and the deck belt is (Toro) P/N 111178. B)

I have the P/N for the blades written down somewhere, but I usually buy them through the aftermarket (Stens) because they are less expensive. (notice I didn't say "cheaper" B) )

:whistle:

TT

OK.... the Toro P/N for the blade set for the 37" 2 blade mower is 109079. Individual blade P/N is (Toro) 109918 or Stens P/N 350-157 B)

Duff

Here is your mower belt (as long as you verify that you have the 37") for less than half the cost of new.

I've dealt with this seller for the exact same item (he must have a few laying around), and he's very good to deal with. I got my last 111178 belt from him about 10 days ago for $15 plus shipping but, as we all know, eBay is subject to bidding.......

If you get that deck up and running, it cuts great!

:whistle:

Duff B)

Duff

Just wanted to roll this to the top to see if I can help someone out.....

Steve (carpediem64), if you're out there.....checking to see if you've got the bid in on the 111178 belt over on fleabay (item #260262526058)? It's still holding at $15, which is less than half retail, but the auction's only got 22 hrs. left.

Seize the moment!

Good luck!

Duff B)

Carpediem64

Just wanted to roll this to the top to see if I can help someone out.....

Steve (carpediem64), if you're out there.....checking to see if you've got the bid in on the 111178 belt over on fleabay (item #260262526058)? It's still holding at $15, which is less than half retail, but the auction's only got 22 hrs. left.

Seize the moment!

Good luck!

Duff B)

Duff:

Thanks for the help. I did not get back to the message board until today so I missed the fleabay belt. Will look later. I moved to my current location in Richmond,NH last October. I "enjoyed" the snow last winter and the rain and lightening this summer. My neighbors are telling me the weather was never like this until I moved in !!!!!

thanks again

Steve

Duff

I moved to my current location in Richmond,NH last October. I "enjoyed" the snow last winter and the rain and lightening this summer. My neighbors are telling me the weather was never like this until I moved in !!!!!

Yo, Steve!

Another Granite Stater! :horseplay:

Glad to have another WH "neighbor"!

Keep us posted on the progress of your 312-8. I love mine!

Duff B)