Sign in to follow this  

Idiots on cell phones

i usually don't rant much , but this just pisses me off. got rear ended today while driving a truck from work. i was stopped at a red light and got piled into the back by a Cadilac Escalade. he told the cop he just didn't see me. yeah , right...i'm sure the cell phone in his hand had nothing to do with it! it was a nice day , light traffic , good streets...nothing to distract him. at least he did get a ticket

BUT...what really makes me mad amost exactly one year ago ( 6-13-11) i got rear ended in the same truck on the same street by a 18 year old girl who admitted to be texting at the time. almost the same accident , just stopped at a traffic light two blocks farther down. somehow no ticket for her. $5800 damge to the company truck

to top it off , my customer was mad because i was late on the delivery

then i had to go for a company mandated drug screening , you know peeing in a cup. i did blow a .000 on the breathalizer. also, two hours of paperwork and a phone interview with the risk management dept

people have got to get their heads out of their butts and start looking around when they drive

Don1977

Besides the cup I would be pissed with the company can't thoes idiots read a traffic report. All that needed to be said was "I was stopped at a red traffic light when I was hit in the rear."

squonk

I was at a NYS Thruway toll booth Saturday and a guy rammed into my Fred G. Sanford Memorial utility trailer. Lucky for him, he just peeled a little layer of plywood off of the floor. If his bumper was a little lower, I'd probably be getting a new trailer!

AMC RULES

Suprised you didn't grab your neck Mike...or his for that matter?

• Like 1

KC9KAS

305, Next year you better stay off of that street....someone is out to get you in June!

bowtiebutler956

I'm not even going to get started ranting about people who drive around with cell phones glued to their ears all the time! :banghead:

Matt

rexman72

i see women everyday while i am driving to work putting on freaking makeup wtf

neil

Is it not illegal in US to drive and talk on the phone at the same time ?

It is here in the UK and you get 3 endorcement points on your licence . Get 12 points and you get band from driving for 1 year and your Insurance almost doubles

average insurance here for a 19 year old male driver is around $1800.00 so they wouldnt wanna get caught on the phone or even texting

SousaKerry

Neil unfortunately no it is not illegal to talk on your phone in the states but it is illegal to text in several states including Michigan. I will admit that I am guilty of being on the phone while driving but I keep the conversations short and if there is heavy traffic I will not do it.

I drive about 40 minutes one way to work everyday almost all interstate, there is definitely a marked difference in skill level with some drivers while on the phone. Some people seem to not be able to do anything while driving others you can't really tell my biggest problem are the ones that think the left hand lane is the cell phone lane and you have to drive slower to use it.... When you set the cruse at 78 everyday and can't pass cause of a jerkwad in the left lane doing 68 with a cell phone up their A$$, they wonder what cause3s road rage

baerpath

If your in a commercial truck it's a $10,000 fine for cell or texting in a moving CMV. Federal not state and upto another $15,000 for the company. Just passed this spring Nothing about cars though

Duane

Trouty56

Maryland has a no hand held cell phone/no text law and Harrisburg city does also. I thought the text law was in place in PA state too.

jdog_kustoms

you cant text and drive in pa but you can talk and drive and i have a neighbor that reads the damn newspaper on her way to work in the morning at about 60 mph past my house witch is a 45 mph speed zone and to top it all off she is a dentist think she would know better i hope she never hits anyone or any of the kids our road

rmaynard

Maryland has a no hand held cell phone/no text law and Harrisburg city does also. I thought the text law was in place in PA state too.

And it has not deterred most users from holding the phone and talking. The law even says that you can't text while stopped at a light. But they still do.

In Maryland, just talking on a hand-held is not enough for a ticket. But if you violate any other law, then the hand-held violation can be applied as well.

Sparky

Its against the law in Connecticut to talk or text while driving, has been for a few years now. I just picked up a brand new car yesterday with Bluetooth! What a great feature!

Totally hands free.

Mike............

Horse'n Around

In Nevada the your not alowed to use a phone in a vehicle unless your using a hands free device like the Bluetooth. I wish Arizona would do the same thing. If I get a call or need to call when Im driving I pull over and use it.Texting when driving? Forget it.... I would ever be stupid enough to try it or do it when driving, Heck, I have a hard enough time texting when Im sitting in my living room :)

John

DoctorHfuhruhurr

Even the cell phone users while driving can't escape Natural Selection in the modern age.

• Like 1

Forest Road

You can't fix stupid! No matter how many laws get written. Some people just won't learn.

• Like 1

6wheeler

I got rear ended last fall when we had our first icy road day. Traffic was at a stop on Cedar ave. (its a 4 lane freeway) I was stopped in my ready mix truck and this fella came up and while talking on his phone to tell his customer he was going to be late ran right into me. I had my booster axle down so, he hit it , smashed both fenders and bent the tie rod. He also jumped up over the axle and landed on top. It looked like I was towing him . Not only was he late, But his new Chevy truck was wrecked. There was only about $1200.00 damage to my truck, but now my customers load had to be replaced. I had to go get tested and the truck goes into the shop for 2 hours. The police said "Icy roads" =no ticket. So he got lucky there. But, Running late + Icy roads + Yacking on the phone, not paying attention = A wrecked $40,000.00 pickup + 11 yards of concrete(he never gets to use)@$1500.00 + damage to the ready mix truck @ $2500.00 (inc shop fees) + my drug test @ $250.00 + 4 hours downtime( for me and the truck) @ $100.00 per hour. Was it worth it? :eusa-think:

can whlvr

its illegal here in ontario,but everyone is on them,and the texters surely cant be paying attention

• Like 1

SousaKerry

Wow rear ended a cement truck....could you even feel it. ;-)