Sign in to follow this  
dave in A.P.

11 H.P. briggs

dave in A.P.

fuel started leaking from the pulse pump on the 11H.P. briggs in my GT-1100. When I removed the pump, the plastic elbow on the back side of the pump that goes to the carb has cracked where its pressed on to the alum. tube that fits in the body of the pump. Tried to JB weld it ,it lasted about 20 min then started to leak again. 2 shops in my area say you can't buy this pc. Briggs wants $80.00 for this pump. Any idea's? Has anyone put a low pressure electric pump on something like this?

bowtiebutler956

You can buy a universal pulse pump of :techie-ebay: pretty cheap. They use them on racing go carts, and other applications, but it would not be a direct replacement, you would probably have modify a little. :twocents-02cents:

Matt :flags-texas:

TT

I second Matt's recommendation to continue using a pulse pump - especially on an engine that's already set up for one.

I just ordered a few of these today at work: LINK

dave in A.P.

Thanks guys, on a engine this small,are all these "pulse pumps" of sufficent capacity? the one on TT's link looks nothing like what I have, but fabricating a bracket is to make it shouldn't be to bad. Is there a certain way these go ? Vertical or horizontal matter? thanks dave

TT

The pump in my link is more than adequate for your engine. Mounting orientation does not matter.

Rooster

These are the same pumps I use to feed high cube high output race engines, they are more than adequate for your 11HP.

As a matter of fact, on some engines we restrict the pulse line or they will over feed the carb.

BTW, do you have a pic of what broke..I may have the parts you need....