Sign in to follow this  
squonk

Intriguing question

squonk

There has some discussion on the forum om what's the best sounding exhaust, How nice an Onan sounds ect.ect. I sold some Farmall wheels a little while back and I was out back mowing when the guy came to pick them up. He heard my C-160 running and said "you must have a :wh: back there. I can tell by their sound." OK. What gives the K series single banger engines it's "whine" I had a GT-14 that sounded that way as well as my C160. My back door neighbor's Gravely with a 14 HP rear engine K sounds the same way. Now here's the funny part. My 14 K in my Power King has a totally different "whine" to it.

What gives? :scratchead: :confusion-scratchheadblue:

bean

There has some discussion on the forum om what's the best sounding exhaust,

I don't know about the whine, but I know kohlers do sound different with different exhausts. I have a 310-8 and don't really like the sound. it reminds a lot of the scissor lifts, boomlifts, etc, that I used for years. it has an "industrial" sound that seems to refined for a tractor. I like the 8hp that I have. it has the simple round canistor muffler and has that "old school tractor" sound. I may try the muffler, from another 8hp that I have, on the 10hp. :hide:

AMC RULES

Not whine...I think you mean, the :wh: whinny Mike.

bowtiebutler956

Does the Power King have a quieter exhaust on it?

Matt :flags-texas:

CRE1992

NOOO I think the powerking is way louder! or has more of a rumble.

squonk

C 160 has the stock Nelson muffler. Gravely has the stock little 90 deg muffler they came with. GT-14 and PK had/have the pepper pots.