Sign in to follow this  
glgrumpy

New Guy from IN

glgrumpy

New Guy here, invited by Bow Tie from GT Talk site. I'm new to WH and never really wanted one too bad and didn't pay much attention. Then I got a trade on a B-80. I''ve also bought a Charger 12 sight unseen from pictures only, hope it is what it is said to be. Will get that later. I see much of the parts of these are similar on all models, even later ones with diff sheet metals. I now have some manuals to study. My tractor doesn't have the flip-up seat pan and I think I would like that, so will be looking for many parts to change over. Hope it can be done fairly easy. The dash support and seat back hinge area looks like it will be needed, probly the hardest part to find? I want to put on the latch and have seat springs that are the long ones. Guess the fender pan will need to be changed also. Parts tractor maybe needed???

I'm from Huntington, IN 46750 south of FT. Wayne. Work at GM truck plant there and dabble in GT's and MM bigger tractors. I like Power Kings, have a Snapper/Massey 1650, a Sears ST12, JD light lawn tractor also. Have had other SEars and Masseys in past, and lots of PK's. Have MM RTI, JT, ZB, BG Avery models.

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:woohoo: Nice to meet you Grumpy

:WRS:

whfan74

Glad to have on board. I am just up the road from you in Warsaw. If you ever need anything, just give me a yell!

Kelly

:WRS: I live in lower MI and have near 100 parts tractors so I'm sure I can help you out, and you will have to change a lot to get the flip up fender, a parts tractor would be best, I can set you up with one of them also.

• Like 1

glgrumpy

Kelly, I was told about you and one reason for joining. I did see your pix in forum here somewhere. Can you write to me at glperry4 at yahoo dot com with some pix and price ranges? I'll be getting back to you, thanks!!

1maidenfan

:woohoo: :WRS::text-worthless::text-welcomeconfetti: :ychain:

Foozerush

Hiya grumpy.... I'm in fort wayne not far from ya.. Welcome to red square... The place where guys know these tractors better than the guys who designed them... Need questions answered, this is the place, and yes we like to see pics of tractors......

• Like 1

bowtiebutler956

Glad to see you made it over here Grumpy!! :woohoo::WRS: There are lots of friendly, helpful people here, and I think you will find the format quite familiar. :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

clyde

:happy-jumpeveryone: welcome to redsquare !

whc160

:woohoo: I think he is hooked ! Two horses & already talking to Kelly about parts. :text-welcomewave:

546cowboy

You need to just buy a Wheel Horse with a seat like that and restore that too. Then you'll have two horses! :laughing-rofl: Your hooked now and before you know it you won't want to convert that B-80. I am about 120 miles west of you in Fair Oaks,IN. :WRS:

Buckshot 1

:greetings-clappingyellow: Hello glgrumpy, I am in Ft. Wayne. Also new to WH's. These Guys/Gals? on this forum are the most gracious and helpful people on all the forums that I a member of. Welcome to the forum. Fooserush, Where abouts in the Fort are you? :flags-usa:

KC9KAS

I an no where near you, but Welcome to Red Square!!

Good luck with your Wheel Horse, and we love pictures!

zieg72

Welcome fellow Hoosier!!!

Sparky

Sounds like your on your way to being addicted like the rest of us!

Mike...............

PS....moved this to the introduction section for ya :eusa-whistle: .

Foozerush

Hey buckshot... I'm northwest, north Clinton and Washington ctr road.... Good to see another RS in the Fort!!!

glgrumpy

Pictures?? Haven't got much yet, but here's a couple Maybe.......

Went to Rochester show and Saw quite a bunch of Horse collectors showed up. Talked to them some and found out there is parts guy right here in Huntington!! I'll have to try to find him.

Well guess my pictures are too big. Other sites size them auto, guess not here? Kinda puter dummy, so not sure how to do sizing on them. I'll take some more with diff camera, maybe I can work with them then?

Buckshot 1

:) glgrumpy. If you happen to find out who the parts guy is in Huntington. I would like to know. Fooserush, same here, on the RS member in the Fort. I am SE off Wayne Trace (in the hood). :flags-usa:

MalMac

Hey another fellow Hoosier, welcome.

Jake Kuhn

glgrumpy

No luck yet on Huntington parts guy, durnnn! Why didn't I write it down. I know about the area he is in, maybe I'll just go around and look and ask all the people, ha! Probly get shot! If anyone else knows who it is, let us all know.

glgrumpy

OK, found the guy.....But......He does NOT want his name mentioned, hates the Net and dealing with packing, shipping accross country, etc. He does NOT want me to give his information! AND.....he has sold most of his inventory last couple years and not much left. Has some complete tractors for HIS collection only and that is all.

So, best to stick with other fellas listed on here. Guy was nice, has lots of info and a fiched reader for most models but wants to stay private. So There! :disgust:

can whlvr