Sign in to follow this  
Kelly

My off brand junk yard score

Kelly

I was at the junk yard last week and seen a cub starter gen setting on a bench, it was in very nice shape, I asked one of the guys if it was for sale, why yes it is he said, then asked me if I wanted a hyd set up that came in with it, we walked over to his truck only to see a 99% complete Hyd lift set up for a early cub cadet, I asked how much, he shrugged his shoulders and asked what I'd pay? I offered $40 and he told me for that much I had to take the starter also, well these hyd kits are as hard or harder to find than the HY kits for a WH, I've been looking for one for a year for my 62 Cub Original, and havn't wanted to spend $300+ for one, so just setting back and waiting paid off, this hyd lift is VERY nice with most of the orig. paint still on it.

I'm trying to find as many opitions as I can for the cub before I restore it, it is a pretty clean orig. tractor and all ready has the rear fenders, and rare rear PTO, now it will have hyd lift, now to find a creeper gear and lights.

MY junk yard score

post-85-0-29000400-1339464244_thumb.jpg

post-85-0-68070900-1339464417_thumb.jpg

and the tractor it will be going on.

100_3458.jpg

100_3460.jpg

• Like 2

AMC RULES

That one's gonna be really nice all done up Kelly.

They say it pays to be patient.

bowtiebutler956

Good things come to those who wait. That must be my problem, I have no patience. :ychain: That is going to be an awesome cub when your done! Are you going to document the biuld here? Hint, Hint. The other brands section could use a little more activity. :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

Wheel-N-It

Thats going to be nice when finished Kelly!

I like Cub Cadets too. i have only one, but that is subject to change any day:)

dclarke

Nice find Kelly, looking forward to this project.

Kelly

Well this runs like a top and I don't have time fore a restore anytime soon, so I will probably install the lift as is, and keep looking for the rest of the parts I want and need for it, and when I have everything then it will get torn apart, but it will in all reality be a few years.

SousaKerry

Well I know you already got some weights for it, cheap too :handgestures-thumbupright:

earlleecliffton

:ychain:

Ken B

I'm a Cub Cadet guy from way back in the day. That there is a real nice original Original. Its pretty crazy what the optional parts bring for the Cub Cadets. The rear fenders alone would fetch 250 in a heart beat. I've owned all of the round fender Cub Cadets out there EXCEPT an Original. If I was going to add any off brand tractor to my fleet it would be an Original to do an all out restore on. When I restored my 100 I did as you are looking to do, I added every possible option there was to it. Once I had all the parts it took me almost a yr. to do a proper restore on it. How I miss that 100! Nice score on the hydro lift!

Kelly

Yup I picked up a set of wheel weights from Kerry also I forgot about, Thanks, and I have a nice little no. 2 dump cart to go with this cub, wish it was a no.1 cart but you never know I may find one :hide:

CasualObserver

I wish I'd known you were looking for a No.1 My brother-in-law just sold both a 1 and 2 on ebay last month.

Kelly

Jason I'm looking for head and tail lights, a Danco creeper gear, and a nice hood if you know of any of these items.

Oh I could use a nice seat, I can fix mine, but if I can get a nice one at a fair price, I will take one.

whc160

Kelly try this guy for cub parts. His name is Chris Westfall & goes by CUB CABET CLASSICS. He is located in Ohio & does with cubs what you do with :wh: . He comes to the vintage garden tractor show here in town every year. Here is his number 740-687-1067.

CasualObserver

Jason I'm looking for head and tail lights, a Danco creeper gear, and a nice hood if you know of any of these items.

Oh I could use a nice seat, I can fix mine, but if I can get a nice one at a fair price, I will take one.

I'll keep my eye out. I sold my Cub about two years ago, and haven't looked for any in a while.

Moparfanforever

I am going by memory about the O and a hydraulic pump , but they mount on the frame different than a NF Cub , you may need a different rockshaft mount and i am thinking they take a double pulley on the back of the motor for the clutch and lift. I think the Cub sites have manuals that show installion.

You got a heck of a deal !!

Ken B

Kelly, I had 2 #1 carts back in my Cubbie days. CT. also has a pretty heavy supply of Cub Cadets so I will keep an eye out for one for you.

I know where there is a pretty nice Cub 100 WITH fenders. It is pretty clean and it runs real nice. He only wants 200 bucks for it.....I might have to pop on that one.

perry

nice find on the lift. i just picked up a couple of cubs and have one more to go after. ill send you pics .

dennist

Nice price on the hydro set-up. I had a lot of cubs in the past also and sold a Danco creeper for the Original and sold to a buddy that never used it-He still ownes it, but if you are like me you are going to wait for a "cheap" one, if not let me know and I can get you a price.

Kelly

PM sent on the creeper gear, I'd like cheap but who knows.

M886

Great Score at a great price. Looks like a nice heavy duty machine.

kpinnc

Nice Cub Kelly! I like those older ones almost as much as I do Wheel Horses... Almost.

This is my 100 (with 70 decals), or at least it will be mine one day- hopefully MANY years from now:

DSC00168.jpg

Creeper gear, dualies, rear PTO, and hydraulic lift installed. Quite a little monster.