Sign in to follow this  
bwh3200

520H mower deck install

bwh3200

Hey guys i just purchased a 1995 520. It was delivered with the deck off and for the life of me i can't get this thing on. I connected the lift point to the center of the deck but i can't get the front bar to latch into place. I read that i should lift the deck up via the hydraulics but when i pull the hydraulic lever back the deck does not raise. Thanks for any help!

312Hydro

Is the chain bolted to the lift bar from the rockshaft? That's where I would check first. How about the hydraulics, are they working? Just some basic questions as I can't see it to help. Good looking tractor in your avatar. :)

nylyon
  • Like 1

312Hydro

I gave this some more thought and was wondering..... Can you see the cylinder move by the left footrest? Does the rockshaft move when you raise and lower?

bwh3200

Nothing is moving hydraulic wise it's almost like the handle is stuck in place, i tried pushing down and pulling up but nothing.

bwh3200

Thank you guys so much! The hydraulics are not working, maybe thats why the mower was only $500.

Sparky

Have you driven this tractor? I would be checking the trans fluid right away as it does both the hydro tranny and the hydraulics. If its low it used 10w-30 or 10w-40.

Mike.............

SAM58

Have you driven this tractor? I would be checking the trans fluid right away as it does both the hydro tranny and the hydraulics. If its low it used 10w-30 or 10w-40.

Mike.............

You did have it running???? Ha! of course you did...

312Hydro

Don't be too hasty on that 520H ! I'm sure we can help you get it working. 1. does it move? If yes, then 2. check the control lever . remove the battery , you should be able to see the hydraulic valve. Look for anything jammed or broken. th_WheelHorse312Hrestoration2011186.jpg It is the rod on the right side of the steering in this picture that you want to look at. Below is the control valve. Here is a pictorial from PartsTree- http://www.partstree...-7_376013-00010 I'll bet the linkage is jammed. Post some pics or ask away if this helps you.

bwh3200

The lever appears too be jammed. I called the previous owner and he sais that it has never worked. I will pull the battery and check it out today. I did mow with it yesterday for the first time and wow what a beast!

varosd

The lever appears too be jammed. I called the previous owner and he sais that it has never worked. I will pull the battery and check it out today. I did mow with it yesterday for the first time and wow what a beast!

At least it runs and cuts the grass. you can explore why the lift doesnt work I really don't use the lift during mowing operation. but obviously, for tilling,plowing, snow throwing ETC you will want to get it working

:WRS:

bwh3200

Found the problem! The valve spool was stuck in place, i tapped it with a hammer and it freed up. I lubed it and it works well now however I noticed that my 30 amp fuse melted down so i can't start the mower to see if the deck actually moves up and down.

312Hydro

I'd make a new post in electrical if you can't find the problem. Also check with SOI at this sight-http://saveoldiron.47.forumer.com/index.php Glad you got the hydraulics working. That was a good deal on your tractor. You'll have it straightened out in no time!

• Like 1

can whlvr

so 500 bucks wasnt too much in the end :thumbs:

bwh3200

I actually got a deal. Once i get the electrical issues resolved i will be good to go. I bought the 520 as a tinker toy more than anything else so i'm in no hurry! :)

luvmyWH

you will like that thing once you get it all straightend out.I just got a 520H not long ago and its a beast.I love mine.Im in Va also

bwh3200

I did more electrical work today, its fun to work on quality stuff. Even though i just received the original fuse block and 9 pin connector i'm thinking about going a more quality route. Not decided yet! Where are you in VA?